Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There won't be enough to go round the world next yr!
'who" probably has no say in the distribution of the vaccines within EU. But how about other lesser states/countries?
There will be a tug of war based on political influences and money power. It won't be a fair distribution(my own personal view).
Well, the EU will take care of distribution of vaccines within its territory, as we have the infrastructure to do that. The WHO will come into play when GAVI, CEPI and COVAX gear up to distribute vaccines around the world to lesser developed countries, with a plan to have at least a 20% vaccination rate in those countries by end of 2021. To this end, the EU and single countries within the EU have agreed quotas for purchasing vaccines that are above to needs of the EU and started financing production to make sure that there is availability. Under this scheme, the EU will make vaccines available at no or reduced cost and organise transport and distribution; in a seperate scheme Portugal has announced that it will make part of its quota available to "Portugese speaking developing countries" (e.g. Mozambique). And do not underestimate the power of Germany, 1Mrd. Euro invested in vaccines is easily a 10Mrd. Euro return in revenue :).

in a seperate scheme Portugal has announced that it will make part of its quota available to "Portugese speaking developing countries" (e.g. Mozambique).

Do you have a source for this? Asking because I am actually curious, it is the first time I am reading about this.

Only in German: Corona-News: Quarantäne soll auf zehn Tage verkürzt werden - DER SPIEGEL - Wissenschaft

You need to scroll down as the news are updated regulary. Augusto Santos Silva is said to have annouced this a a meeting of the Körber-Stiftung in Berlin.

Thanks, found it in Portuguese with your references. Given the current economic/health situation in Portugal, I doubt that they will actually follow through with that (before everyone, that wishes to be vaccinated in Portugal, is).

Thanks, found it in Portuguese with your references. Given the current economic/health situation in Portugal, I doubt that they will actually follow through with that (before everyone, that wishes to be vaccinated in Portugal, is).
I do not know the quotas forPortugal, Germany has reportedly secured access to vaccines for 150 Mio. people through EU and unilateral purchasing schemes. That's at least 70 Mio. people that can get vaccines from that stock pile.

What is the population of the world?
How many doses are available next yr?
How long would the effective of the vaccination last? No one knows for sure for this one!

I’m not sure if availability is going to be a problem? I’ve heard many people say they don’t even want this vaccine.

Back
Top Bottom