Oregon man shot in head while snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought it was illegal to shoot into, over a body of water. :confused:

Where are you people getting Meth from??? There was absolutely no meth involved... in fact when asked about it, the guy had no idea what meth is?? This was NEVER a fact in this case.

FYI.. that same article floated around the news for some time published in different papers and reworded a bit differently each time, but it was never factual and it's informational origin is unknown... the media will manipulate a story however they see fit.

Who gets it more right generally in your experience, the media whose job is to report the facts, or the lawyers whose job is to distort the facts (at least in public)? The report in the Seattle Times when Roderick plead guilty stated the meth charge was due to paraphernalia found at the location, and apparently the fellow had 3 guns he had to give up. This information was attributed to the DA, talking after the plea bargain. What do you think the motive of the Times (or newswire if that's where it came from) could be to willfully misreport this kind of event ever, or specifically at that point?

Once a few years ago, while diving under a bridge in the Tennessee River, my dive buddy & me were just having a good ol time lookin for bottles & such...during the dive we both started hearing concussive sounds but didn't know what the heck it was...after we decided to end the dive, we continued with our plan. to swim along the bottom back down current to our exit site , a clear place along the bank...we got out and as we were walking up to our tarp, a State Trooper car pulled in behind ours... he said that it's a good thing that we'd towed a diverdown flag along, or else the guy that had called him wouldn't have known that the 4 teenagers he seen throwing boulders & rocks in the water off the bridge were endangering anyone... so....there ya go...

Yes,
I was snokeling in a river in Colorado a few years ago and heard some strange noises and then felt a whack in the shoulder. I looked up onto the riverbank and a group of boys were throwing rocks at me. I smiled and said, "you better run!" Off they went, and I continued on without incident.
What is the phsychology behind shooting or pelting a person in the water?
Maybe some primordial predator/prey trigger overwhelms the limited reasoning in a juvinile brain, or in a substance ravaged brain.

The story says the man was shot while snorkeling in the Smith River. How could he be accused of trespassing and on private property if he was in the river when this guy opened fire on him? Was he actually in the river or was he somewhere else?

I guess he trespassed to get to the river.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom