origin of Lionfish invasion...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow - this needs to be stickied! GREAT VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: LOL - in summary - the only way to control them is get people to eat them! Like I have said before - teach humans to eat them and we will wipe them out!

Last edited:
Wow - this needs to be stickied! GREAT VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: LOL - in summary - the only way to control them is get people to eat them! Like I have said before - teach humans to eat them and we will wipe them out!
We'll need a lot more speros.

Pterois miles, closely related to the P.volitans we have in the Caribbean, has also been found in the Med after migrating thru the Suez. Originally there was a bitter lake on the Suez that stopped them, but that diluted out.

Fish only gets eaten to extinction if they could be caught en-mass. Spearing one by one will almost do nothing, especially on a fish that spawns so rapidly. Is every marine sanctuary going to be open for hunting? Maybe only with trawling.

Fish only gets eaten to extinction if they could be caught en-mass. Spearing one by one will almost do nothing, especially on a fish that spawns so rapidly. Is every marine sanctuary going to be open for hunting? Maybe only with trawling.
Yeah, it's hopeless I fear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom