Original report of malware on the site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was in chrome when I got the false positive as well.

Well, now Firefox is giving me an equivalent message. . .

Which thread at you trying to go to?

I am just trying to get into the Accidents page itself, on firefox.

Wondering if it relates to a link to a Seattle paper

To reiterate from earlier...

There was a compromise of a page in the photo gallery. I have temporarily disabled the photo gallery and removed it from public view (photo links will have a little red X now). Any links to the photo gallery may have caused warnings on non-gallery pages, and may continue to do so depending on your cache.

It's possible/probable that other non-related pages may get a warning page (like certain sub-forums).

On top of that, it takes Google and stopbadware.org several hours to respond to removal requests. Delisting (having the warning removed) takes time as well...

While the malware is currently removed, and the SB forums are clean , I don't want to re-enable the photo gallery until I can be assured that the exploit is closed. Rest assured that whether there's ONE report of malware on the site, or 50 reports of the same incident, I am working on it, and take these matters very seriously.

People who PM'ed me about this should not expect a reply.

Thanks.

Got it again somewhere today, but I am happy to click Ignore.

As far as I can tell, we're only listed on "stopbadware.org" which I've requested another review. Using their own tools, I see no evidence of malicious code.

We also subscribe to a third party service which not only protects our site, but aids in removal... they show our site as clean. Unfortunately, stopbadware and google can take up to 10 hours to delist. :(

SB must have pissed of a nerd.

Sent from my pasture using Tabableet 2

FWIW, When I clicked through the "Advanced" option with Chrome, it reported 1 potential malware detection in the last 90 days. . .

Clicking through seems to have eliminated the warning(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom