Original report of malware on the site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting the warnings on that particular thread, as well. To my knowledge, there are no links to photographs in it.

I get them for the A&I thread as well in Firefox.

I keep getting them on the Jamaican shark thread, and keep using ignore. There might be something at the linked story...?

I can still edit that link out, but I don't know that it's the cause.

Now my computer at work completely blocks the accidents and incidents thread by Fortiguard. Nothing else on scubaboard but that. It says it is considered a malicious site.

The Update is this...

There is no confirmation of malware. I have checked the source code of the pages with warnings, and there is no malicious code in any of those pages.

All we have right now is that SOME URL's are listed on stopbadware.org, who provides data to google, thus the block appears in firefox and Chrome.

Our third party malware experts are trying to get us delisted from stopbadware, but with this being Friday, I don't know if we'll have much progress until Monday.

That's all I know.

Continued reporting of issues will not make any difference to the progress with the case, nor will it change the current situation.

I came to ScubaBoard to see the reaction to the California Diver article titled "Tragedy at the Breakwater: A Checkout Dive Goes Wrong" Indeed there is a forum thread on here titled "Write Up of Near Death in Monterey". But, both Chrome and Firefox indicate that the article contains Malware, and warn readers away! I was bold enough and trusted ScubaBoard enough to disregard such warnings and read the thread anyway, but I wonder if some "Reputation Management" firm has been hired to try to deter people from reading this piece. BTW I'm not actually paranoid - that is just a rumour spread by my thousands of enemies!

I'd love it if someone from ScubaBoard could respond, here and elsewhere, to these Malware warnings.

The DNY threads also tend to be blocked the last two days.

Just remember that clicking just "ignore" may not always a wise choice.
No, I usually don't - but I do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom