Oriskany ("O" Boat) update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroxDvrFL once bubbled...
CincyBengalsFan

Im in if you are going to have some diving in the Panhandle let me know i do not have any time there underwater got to try it at least once

Sounds good to me but it may be march before we're down there. We'll let everyone know. I would like to make it down before Lobsta season ends. It's possible we may be down for a Jacksonville dive.

OneBrightGator once bubbled...
ugh... Jacksonville... you're going from bad to worse :wink:

Ben

WHAT????????

Of course I've only dove Jax once and it was 80+ degrees down to 100+ ft. The Viz was about 100 ft. also. But I guess that sucks to some people, I don't know. The marine life out there was great. Turtle encounters, etc. etc.

The spearfishing and the lobsta hunting was absolutely awesome out there. Can't wait to do it again. Usually make about a 12-13 hour day at see as we dive all day long and are about 20 miles out or so. The only big problem is the depths..It's never shallower than 80 ft. and usually around 90-110 ft. This makes for a very short 3rd dive even on Nx.

if you are going to go all the way to Jacksonville why not come all the way to Broward County where there is shallow reefs and deep wrecks...............

NitroxDvrFL once bubbled...
if you are going to go all the way to Jacksonville why not come all the way to Broward County where there is shallow reefs and deep wrecks...............

It turns a 10 1/2 hr. drive into a 15 hr. drive. Plus I have some family and friends in Jax. And I know some Capts. in Jax. I guess I'm just familar with the city of Jax. Wish I dove their on a regular basis.

eh... seems like all the charters in Jax went to the same place... every dive... every time, guess it helps if you know the Capts, I'm more of a wrecker than a reefer, so that has a lot to do with it. I know a guy who goes out of St. Augustine and I'll go out on his boat and hit a wreck or two and enjoy it, just felt like giving ya a hard time :)

Ben

OneBrightGator once bubbled...
eh... seems like all the charters in Jax went to the same place... every dive... every time, guess it helps if you know the Capts, I'm more of a wrecker than a reefer, so that has a lot to do with it. I know a guy who goes out of St. Augustine and I'll go out on his boat and hit a wreck or two and enjoy it, just felt like giving ya a hard time :)

Ben

The one Jax charter I've been on only the Capt. new of the particular reefs we were on. They were unchartered and great. The other Capts. I've met and introduced myself to all have the same type of hidden reefs 15-25 miles out that no one knows about. Makes for a GREAT lobster season.

There is a charter in either Daytona or St. Augustine I'm wanted to go out with at some point. If I can scrape up the name I'll get back to you.

hey! dont let the secret out about how great jax diving is! I'm a native jax diver and have been to the gulf, keys/s. FL and none of them have nearly the amount of life on their reefs.

I say we sink it outta jax....that thing would attract some big ass groupers that only s. florida could dream about.

But seriously I think it should go to pensacola....you s.florida folks already have the grove, eagle, A.B., Bibb, Duane

Don't get your hopes up for Fla there are several other states out there fighting for it too including SC, NC, even heard VA was fighting for it. Personally I hope NC gets it, we even have a spot all ready clear and approved for another sunk ship and a foundation lobbying hard, as it will be cheaper to sink it closer, than tug it all the way to FLA. And FLA got the Last hopefully if they get it will move it north not south and at least keep this one upright LOL.

Back
Top Bottom