Oriskany on her Way to Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evensplit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
She left Beaumont this morning and should be back in Pensacola on Sunday or Monday. She should be under water by late May.

So here's my question I've reada lot about this and heard they're going to drop her in 215 feet of water. Does anyone know high off the bottom the flight deck will be? How about some of the control towers and what not? What will you see at 130 ft.?

That could make for some intersting dive planing. 218 feet is where air(21%) has a PO2 of 1.6

brutus_scuba:
So here's my question I've reada lot about this and heard they're going to drop her in 215 feet of water. Does anyone know high off the bottom the flight deck will be? How about some of the control towers and what not? What will you see at 130 ft.?

From what Ive heard the deck is supposed to be at 130' allowing access for recreational divers.

AquaHump:
That could make for some intersting dive planing. 218 feet is where air(21%) has a PO2 of 1.6

If your diving to the sand you would be using Trimix

Mat4020:
If your diving to the sand you would be using Trimix

Thats a no brainer Mat but if you want to plan on pO2 of 1.4 to give you a buffer and there is somthing worth getting into. then you could play with you depth and change you plan. But you are right if it is bottom you want it is tri mix all the way. Also there might be some cool paseges in there

Assuming the deployment goes as planned, the flight deck will be somewhere between 110 and 130. Top will be 55-65'. The Island itself is bigger than many wrecks. Recreational divers will have no problem getting some great dives on her.

Wall dive on the "island" within rec. limits, seriously advanced dive at around 130' on the deck, and a tech dive if you go below the flight deck. Please, let this be the year, and please, everyone, dive within your experience.

Fingers crossed....

DavidPT40:
130 feet? Ugh, too deep! Bottom time with a single alum 80 will be mere seconds.
Only if you have the air consumption of a common water buffalo. Plus, a multi-level dive, starting at the deck then up to the superstructer, will make for plenty of time.

nolatom:
Wall dive on the "island" within rec. limits, seriously advanced dive at around 130' on the deck, and a tech dive if you go below the flight deck. Please, let this be the year, and please, everyone, dive within your experience.

Fingers crossed....

When you said "wall dive" it just reminds me of how big the thing is I just can't grasp it sitting here at a dry desk in Ohio, but you're right you could wall dive the island. I think this is just going to be amazing, although it'll be a while before I get to see her, this definatly wont 'be a dive for newbies

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom