Ottawa Dive Shop Closes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey folks,

My goal truly isn't to start a rumor, just to get the facts. I was gonna bring my Aqualung Regs to be serviced at Adventures-in-Diving in Ottawa about a month ago but the shop was closed (this was during their open hours). I verified their web site to double check their hours of operation and saw that all their latest courses dated back to last summer. I gave them a call and their message stated that they were closed due to a family emergency. A few weeks later I ran into a buddy of a buddy of mine and he told me that Adventures-in-Diving was forced to close due to financial problems. I gave the shop a call yesterday (I really need my regs serviced!) and the same message came on....so 2 questions; 1) Does anyone know if they folded? 2) Were can I find an Aqualung dealer in Ottawa? thanks

All of the uncompleted service work was sent from Adventures In Diving to Kanata Diving Supply for completion and the owners contacted. I was never told exactly what happened to cause Adventures to close suddenly. KDS is the only other Aqualung/Apeks dealer in the city. If anyone is missing gear, or had orders through Adventures, please call Kanata Diving Supply at 592-9169 and we'll do our best to help you out. This is not intended as an advertisement, just trying to help out those who are missing gear.

Kevin Ripley
Service Dept.
Kanata Diving Supply

divemed06:
Hey folks,

My goal truly isn't to start a rumor, just to get the facts. I was gonna bring my Aqualung Regs to be serviced at Adventures-in-Diving in Ottawa about a month ago but the shop was closed (this was during their open hours). I verified their web site to double check their hours of operation and saw that all their latest courses dated back to last summer. I gave them a call and their message stated that they were closed due to a family emergency. A few weeks later I ran into a buddy of a buddy of mine and he told me that Adventures-in-Diving was forced to close due to financial problems. I gave the shop a call yesterday (I really need my regs serviced!) and the same message came on....so 2 questions; 1) Does anyone know if they folded? 2) Were can I find an Aqualung dealer in Ottawa? thanks

I bought my Aqualung regs at Plongee H2O in Gatineau (an authorized dealer). I know they use Sharkies for service. I believe the reg tech at Sharkies named Bruno is an Aqualung certified tech.
UM

Under Michael:
I bought my Aqualung regs at Plongee H2O in Gatineau (an authorized dealer). I know they use Sharkies for service. I believe the reg tech at Sharkies named Bruno is an Aqualung certified tech.
UM

I made the mistake of taking my USD Arctics to a non dealer for service a few years ago. I found out that I had to pay for the service parts, I almose lost my lifetime warranty and the parts prices were higher than if I had taken the regulator to an authorized dealer since the shop that repaired them bought the kits from the dealer and upped the price :bounce:

Back to lurking

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom