OUR Future in Video and Film

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The audio equipment I listed hasn't even been setup since I moved 5 years ago. I kind of lost interest in that hobby. I liked the Magnepans and agree, they like having room around them. I think I have an Audio Technica cartridge in my Thorens, but I to take a look. My favorite component was the Conrad Johnson preamp. I just loved the warm sound the tubes created. I still have my old albums. Must have over 400 of them.

My HT receiver is an Onkyo. It does DTS, but not sure about HD dolby. I don't remember how I setup the sub, it was a few years ago.

I'm surprised you don't see a big difference with Blu ray over DVD. What do you think about your HD vs. SD camcorder footage ? Maybe it's time for a new TV or better yet a projector. The Dalite High Power is one of the best bargain screens out there.

Re: the issue of sensing devices and size/pixel density in camcorders vs still cameras. I'm pretty sure a strobe puts out a lot more light near instantaneously than a video light does, and camcorders are capturing images at shutter speeds of less than 1/30th second. I wonder how that fits into the equation, especially in the relatively dark and green waters of Socal?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom