Our World Underwater Chicago and TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I will be at the Chicago event. We went last year, but were still very new to diving at that point, so this year we are looking forward to meeting more people!

Cool what are you speaking on?

I interviewed Ken Clayton a few years ago on his Neox and Argox dives to the Billy Mitchell Fleet. He made dives to 400+ feet on open circuit when most where diving air and was one of the original trailblazers for open circuit, open ocean trimix diving. He also dove to 500+ feet later on the PanAm and probably would have hit 600-800 fsw if he found the Bluefields in time.

My lecture will explore his dives, give some context about his gas selections using a rebreather and if it is practical.

Are you a destination, dive pro, photographer?

Just a guy who has dove a lot in the past.

Allllllrighty then....

It's been a nice warm t-shirt weather February week in Chicago, highs near 70 degrees for the sake of the Ghost of Mrs. (Tim) O'leary's Cow, and today, Saturday, the first full day of the Chicago/Rosemont SCUBA Show, I, Doc, the lord of the run-on sentence, awoke to find "flow snurries" falling from the sky, and thusly proclaimed it a most excellent day to go to the Expo, forthwith.

ACE Hardware may have snowblowers on a 75% off price, Mardis Gras is rearing it's ugggly head even here at 40° North Latitude, free snow shovels with every purchase at Sears, but don't let that dissuade you from this opportunity to talk to the 'island people' at the booths who are trying to stay warm, nor the opportunity to rub your otherwise naked flash against bright shiny objects that have serial numbers.

Oooh, the smell of it.

Special points for spotting the theoretically retired Hammer Man.

See you there. (Eat first, the hot dogs suuuuuck).

I decided not to go. I'm doing Ghost Ships in Milwaukee, instead. Only so much time...

Odd, used to be on different weekends. Poor planning.

Smaller show, a sign of the times, state of the industry, but the show had all the real deal exhibitors, hardware and travel, shiny stuff to buy outright, t-shirts of course, and all the travel venues.

Worth the trip, as always.

They are on different weekends. I had to make a choice and so I chose Milwaukee. Plus the subject of GS is more interesting to me.

Looking at the exhibitor list it seemed that Dive Rite, Oceanic, Sherwood and other major distributors were
not at this years show.

The same speakers seem to be at every show.

The local dive stores, and the training and travel folks now seem to be the main attraction at these regional events.

Still; good time to connect with others, film festival, nice way to spend some pre dive season time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom