OWC finally

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

subageezer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was interested in scuba back in the days of Mike Nelson/Sea Hunt but for a variety of reasons I never followed through. My daughter recently married a diver who pointed out that I live in Florida, have the time and money and should join him underwater. Well, at age 58 I took the PADI course and just completed my open water dives.

Three dives were at Riviera Beach with a pretty strong current until slack tide which was a great introduction. Water warm and clear (during high tide) with abundant marine life. The final dive was a two tank drift dive on a reef at 60ft. Absolutely a thrill.

Excellent instructor (Barb Wenzel who just happens to work with me and provided private instruction at a reasonable rate) who made certain I was both comfortable and competent throughout the course.

Now, I can begin to learn to dive.

Just a note that I discovered this board prior to starting the course and found the information very helpful.:D

Congrats subageezer on you OW. I have 23 days left till I start mine. Not that I am counting. :D

Congrats on getting your Certification. Sure that you will enjoy every minute of your dives from now on.

Tatakai

Congrats on your certification and have fun diving. You will really like diving off the Keys too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom