Ozark Mountain Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well hello fellow Aquasports diver! Ever do any of the local dive trips to Beaver, Table Rock, or Bull Shoals? I went on practically every one they had this Summer! I was just curious how many people out here I may have run into at the dive shop or been on dive trips with and didn't even know it.

I got back into diving a little over 3 years ago and have been diving out of Aquasports ever since. I live in Jefferson City but spend a lot of time in Branson, I primarily dive Table Rock, Beaver, and Bull Shoals so it works out okay for me even though its a 2 1/2 drive just to get there! The people at Aquasports are good people, they've treated me pretty well the time I have been with them.

Well, maybe we'll run into each other some time, in the meantime, good diving!

Mike

modiver71:
Been diving with Aquasports for about 12 years now.

hey Mike...maybe next spring or summer you can drive just a little further and check out mermet springs in illinois.

Sounds like a winner to me! I've been wanting to dive both Mermet and also Oronogo but I sort of ran out of time this Summer. I pretty well devoted this whole last year to getting my Master Diver and I completed that at Project Aware but now that I have that out of the way I'll be able to broaden my horizons a little and check out some new areas, I'm really looking forward to it! I have a couple of friends that are interested in going also so both places sound like a definite dive for the Spring.

diverbob:
hey Mike...maybe next spring or summer you can drive just a little further and check out mermet springs in illinois.

Hey, you guys need to check out diving with mike at sho-mescuba.com , awsome guy excellent diver.

This is an old thread, but I figured that I would say that Oronogo is a great place to dive. My wfie and I got our OW certification there in October and we had a great time. I don't think I have ever seen visibility in fresh water like it is at Oronogo. It is definately a cold water dive, but it is worth it.

Andrew

asmith5:
This is an old thread, but I figured that I would say that Oronogo is a great place to dive. My wfie and I got our OW certification there in October and we had a great time. I don't think I have ever seen visibility in fresh water like it is at Oronogo. It is definately a cold water dive, but it is worth it.

Andrew

You say it's a cold water dive, I'm "assuming" a 5 mil farmer john is sufficient?

Scubaddawg:
Hey, you guys need to check out diving with mike at sho-mescuba.com , awsome guy excellent diver.

I stopped in at Show-Me Scuba and met Mike a couple of weeks ago, he seems like a really nice guy, we talked for an hour or so (until the old lady and Daughter made me go) and I really enjoyed it. I may have to check out some of his dive trips this Summer and try to get signed up for one. Thanks again for the info, its always good to find another dive shop.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom