Ozark Mountain Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rat314:
Floridawannabe:
Just dove Jake's Point @ Table Rock 4/16/2005 and the water at 32 Ft. is 57 degree and being in a 5M suit was fine as long as you have hood and boots.

Jakes Point is where I did my OW Cert Dives back in Aug 2004. You have to be careful if you dive there. There is a group of Bluegill hanging around the rock overhangs that I believe have been crossbred with Pirahana's.
They have gotten very used to being hand fed by divers and can be quite aggressive.

Dave

I know the last time we open a fresh water clam for them, OH MY, I just looked to see that I still had ten fingers when I was done. Very aggressive but cool to watch :eyebrow:

Floridawannabe:
No, Have you I would Like to see some pictures. :wink:
No, I'm looking for some myself. There were two Zebulon Pikes, one is still floating at the Cricket Creek Marina near the shore, tied to the back of the docks. Quite a boat. The oher was sunk in the lake not too long after it reached pool in th mid-1950s. Sre would like to know where and how deep.

chuckswaggin:
No, I'm looking for some myself. There were two Zebulon Pikes, one is still floating at the Cricket Creek Marina near the shore, tied to the back of the docks. Quite a boat. The oher was sunk in the lake not too long after it reached pool in th mid-1950s. Sre would like to know where and how deep.

A friend of mine who dove it said it's 75-95 ft, he also told me the approximate location but I won't even "try" to tell you because it totally confused me! However, if you contact the Scuba Sports dive shop in Branson and talk to Luis he can tell you, the number is (417) 334-9073.

chuckswaggin:

Zebulon Pike: N 36* 37.859', W. 93* 20.146'

chuckswaggin:

I contacted my buddy that dove the Zebulon Pike and these are the "land" directions he gave me to get to the dive site:

The max depth is about 95 feet (that is on the ground near the stern). You can dive the boat and not get any deeper that 80 feet or so, as long as you stay on the top deck. To get to it, go down Indian Point penninsula, past silver dollar city, and almost to Indian Point campground. You will turn left on cave street. At the end of the road you come to a resort. Go on through the resort and the road will fork to go either left to the water or right to the water. Go left (north) and park by the dock there. Once you get out of the car, walk down the penninsula about 100 yards until it starts curving back to the south. In low water conditions you will see a little bit of a tree sticking out of the water with water bottles connected to it. Only the floating water bottles are visible in normal to high water conditions. The bottles will be about 30-50 feet out from the shore(depending on the water level). If you cant find the bottles, there is some yellow rope wound in the low branches of a short tree near the shore in front of the marker. Once the bottles are found, descend to the bottom of the tree (approx 17 feet deep) and there will be a rope leading northeast to the Zebulon. The rope will be tied off to a couple of trees along the way and then continue on again. Once it starts to ascend after being tied off to the final tree, you are ascending to the bow deck rail of the Zeb. The staircase is in the front and is a nice swim-through. I did that once and it was pretty cool. It is kind of tricky to find.

Needless to say it will benefit you to have some knowledge of the area but it's not absolutely required. Hope this hepls!

Floridawannabe:
pete v:
Anytime your down my way I would welcome a extra diving buddy. I am going to dive Stockton Lake this coming weekend. I am still going diving even though they say the high is going to be 58 degrees and low 34 degrees. I have my 7M wetsuit, Hood, Gloves, and boots. If I can talk my dive buddy into jumping in also. :crafty:
great i would love to go but..... i have a head and chest cold and my front yard is small jungle, but i will take you up on it soon. i am trying to figure out how to work the pm this on this site when i do ill give you my # thanks for the invite. I dove table rock this weekend, cool weather alot of wind and high waves at the dam, water was surface mid 60s at 50 -60 was mid 50s, viz was poor 5-8 feet untill 50 feet and than was great 15-20 feet (for me that great, god i am such a newbee), we dove the cove behind the table rock marinia, poor viz but fun dive. the staff at the marinia were very cool!!! and helpfull. camping at the state park was great ahhhh warm showers , clean. i a looking for ward to go again I think i am getting addicted.....

pete v:
Floridawannabe:
great i would love to go but..... i have a head and chest cold and my front yard is small jungle, but i will take you up on it soon. i am trying to figure out how to work the pm this on this site when i do ill give you my # thanks for the invite. I dove table rock this weekend, cool weather alot of wind and high waves at the dam, water was surface mid 60s at 50 -60 was mid 50s, viz was poor 5-8 feet untill 50 feet and than was great 15-20 feet (for me that great, god i am such a newbee), we dove the cove behind the table rock marinia, poor viz but fun dive. the staff at the marinia were very cool!!! and helpfull. camping at the state park was great ahhhh warm showers , clean. i a looking for ward to go again I think i am getting addicted.....

Yeah, talk about waves! We went to Stockton and we were sailing, took a couple of four foot waves head on. It was great but very cold. We had a blast sailing but then tried to find a cove without much wind and waves, could not. So we just ended up diving where his boat Marinia is. I tried out my new 7M jacket, Got to get more wieght :wink: I ended up getting about 5 feet down and started to ascend again. I am goingt to have this 7M worked out before I dive again, I think another 10lbs will do. I know one thing I did not feel any cold water that was sure. My dive buddy said it was cold but I did not feel it. WAIT TILL YOU TRY SOME SALT WATER DIVING, Talk about being addicted.

Floridawannabe:
pete v:
Yeah, talk about waves! We went to Stockton and we were sailing, took a couple of four foot waves head on. It was great but very cold. We had a blast sailing but then tried to find a cove without much wind and waves, could not. So we just ended up diving where his boat Marinia is. I tried out my new 7M jacket, Got to get more wieght :wink: I ended up getting about 5 feet down and started to ascend again. I am goingt to have this 7M worked out before I dive again, I think another 10lbs will do. I know one thing I did not feel any cold water that was sure. My dive buddy said it was cold but I did not feel it. WAIT TILL YOU TRY SOME SALT WATER DIVING, Talk about being addicted.
well it looks like we are heading to table rock again on may 17-18, we will try the dam again, but does anyone know of other spots we can get to by car????

pete v:
Floridawannabe:
well it looks like we are heading to table rock again on may 17-18, we will try the dam again, but does anyone know of other spots we can get to by car????

Jake's Point is the only one I know of, just PM me for directions.

pete v:
Floridawannabe:

Sorry For the late reply have not checked back in a while. Try these three sites with directions :http://www.aquasports.ws/trips/destinations/local/mill_creek.htm

http://www.aquasports.ws/trips/destinations/local/jakes_point.htm

http://www.aquasports.ws/trips/destinations/local/enchanted_forest.htm

I might be able to join you on those days if you do not mind ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom