p-valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I ordered a DR p-valve from my LDS a few months ago and they were never able to get one in. They said that DR was not shipping any, or not making any, or something like that. Is there any word on when or if these will start shipping again.... It is getting cold here in the midwest so..... well I will not go into the rest:D

Thanks
Phil

I ordered a DR p-valve from my LDS a few months ago and they were never able to get one in. They said that DR was not shipping any, or not making any, or something like that. Is there any word on when or if these will start shipping again.... It is getting cold here in the midwest so..... well I will not go into the rest:D

Thanks
Phil

Hi Phil,

The pee valves are in stock, so can ship out anytime.

Best,
Ag

Any reason you have to have the Dive Rite? There are several others that are as good or better.

I like the design for use with my Whites Fusion DS... What esle would you suggest???

Thanks
Phil

I used an OMS sweet pee - the delrin version. It has a screw off cover over the mushroom valve that works very well with the Fusion. You install the valve in the bladder than cut a dime size hole in the skin that stretches over the valve and is then locked in place securely when you screw the cover on as it clamps the fabric of the skin or tech skin between cover and valve. Very slick and a very neat looking installation.

I am not sure how the DR valve is configured or constructed, if it is a similar design it will probably work just as well.

I used an OMS sweet pee - the delrin version. It has a screw off cover over the mushroom valve that works very well with the Fusion. You install the valve in the bladder than cut a dime size hole in the skin that stretches over the valve and is then locked in place securely when you screw the cover on as it clamps the fabric of the skin or tech skin between cover and valve. Very slick and a very neat looking installation.

I am not sure how the DR valve is configured or constructed, if it is a similar design it will probably work just as well.

I just checked out the OMS valve and it is very similiar to the DR. Not sure about the internal workings but the way that the valve screws together is very similiar. That is another thing that I like about the DR is that it is easy to remove from the suit to do a GOOD cleaning.

Phil

DA do do you put the tech skin in Position #1 or #2?? The pic is from the Dive Rite manual on their website. It looks exactly the same as what I saw on the OMS site...

Thanks
Phil

diveritep-valve2copy.jpg

Yes that is exactly the same valve, and I sandwich the tech skin in position 1.

Be sure to cut the hole in the tech skin under size as it is pretty stretchy and will be too big if cut anywhere close to the size of the threaded area of the cap itself.

To locate the holes I put the suit on, got everything adjusted and then poked a small hole through the skin with a ball point pen and wiggled it around enough to mark the bladder undeneath. Like all dry suit hole cutting it is very much a "measure twice cut once" proposition, so be sure before you cut.

I then installed the valve in the bladder with the tech skin off the leg, then re donned the suit and noted where the valve was under the skin and again made sure everything was arranged where it most wanted to be then remarked the skin over the center of the valve before cutting the tech skin.

I also glued the rubber gaskets to the tech skin so they stay put when the valve is removed for cleaning. I have heard that using Aqua Seal on a Fusion voids the warranty so use rubber cement instead. I have never had a leak with mine in about 50 dives.

if all else is equal, I would stick with DiveRite. I dont see OMS on here answering any questions.

if all else is equal, I would stick with DiveRite. I dont see OMS on here answering any questions.

Dive Rite is who I will be using.... I just hope that my LDS will actually get them this time... Which I am sure that they will now....

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom