PADI - auto renewal AMOUNT and DATE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roydude

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, can someone give me clue where I find how much my PADI auto-renewal will actually cost, and which date it will be taken from my account? Is it hidden somewhere on the PADI pro website and I'm just not seeing it?

Hi, can someone give me clue where I find how much my PADI auto-renewal will actually cost, and which date it will be taken from my account? Is it hidden somewhere on the PADI pro website and I'm just not seeing it?
Good question. It may be hidden somewhere, but I haven't found it.

The exact date that the charge is applied is not specified, my recent email reminder notification merely said 'beginning of November', which I presume to mean somewhere between 01 Nov and 15 Nov. Last year, the confirmation email I received after the charge was applied was dated 14 Nov.

The text used to describe the Auto Renewal program is not a whole lot more helpful:

'When you participate in Automatic Renewal, your credit card won't be charged until November for the following year’s credential renewal. (Don’t worry; we’ll email you a reminder - including the fee information - before the credit card is charged.) ' but at least it indicates you will get a communication, in advance, regarding the date and specific amount.

For what it is worth, the reminder email I recently received (asking me to confirm the details in my account before the renewal period opened) assured me I would save some substantial amount (? $57) off the usual rate. but didn't specify what the 'usual rate' was. What a bargain, eh? :)

And, all of this applies to PADI Americas. The best solution, pick up the phone and call PADI. That usually works for me when I have trouble navigating the website.

It's not just you- PADI seems to dislike having the instructor fees in an 'easy to find' place on 'our' PADI Pro website. I honestly have no idea why but it's a real PITA.

Email PADI and they'll send you a pdf of the entire price list. You need to supply your instructor number.

Just got my notice a week ago. I don't know the cost for Instructors but it's $130 for DMs and $110 for auto renew. I thought I saw the option on the PADI Pro website as well, under your account information. The PADI web site needs a major overhaul, as it is not easy to navigate.

I just renewed my DM status and by what i saw there is a mail in price, a web renewal price and an auto renewal price. For DM they where $130, $118, and $111.

Sent using Tapatalk HD

What I got in the mail a few days ago has auto renewal at $217, online renewal before december 15 is $233, paper renewal is $253 before december 15 or $278 after. That's Canadian dollars.

I always get the (first?) e mail notice late Aug. I do it right away and am advised that it went through (good thing to call on this, as 2 years ago it did not go through). I don't think there is any place on the website that confirms this at that point. Then I get billed to my Visa in Nov. (when I didn't 2 years ago that's when I got suspicious, called, and got it all straightened out by January). To get your receipt go to "online shopping" then to my acct. and history of invoices.

I also got my renewal about a week ago but I'm starting my IDC in 2 weeks so does it make any sense for me to renew now?

I know Ill have to pay the instructors fee at the end of the IDC, so it seems pointless to me to pay the DM fee now...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom