Padi C Card Pic Joke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

actually, PADI's website is SOOOOO SLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW, that a school kid, used to "high speed internet" would get tired of waiting on their site to repsond to any download, get bored, and quit before he ever finished 'hacking' into the PADI site...:rofl3:

Thats why God gave us Ridallin

Hate to say it, guys, but there is a way from the public side of PADI's site.

If you go to the replace c-card online part of PADI's site, and complete the necessary fields (i.e. full name on card and birthdate), it'll ask you for an address (put yours or hers in -- doesn't matter unless you're actually wanting to order a new card) to send the card to, provide you with a list of certification levels to "replace" the card for and also show you the current photo on-file with PADI (in case you don't want to upload a new one). You could right-click this and save it for your nefarious purposes.

All this before asking for payment... :)

I haven't been to their "card replacment" site in a while.

it used to just list the certs you had with them, after entering your name and birthdate, etc... but didn't show the pic.

but you're right. It now shows you the pic that's on your padi card.

talk about poor privacy authentication.

If you go to the replace c-card online part of PADI's site, and complete the necessary fields (i.e. full name on card and birthdate), it'll ask you for an address (put yours or hers in -- doesn't matter unless you're actually wanting to order a new card) to send the card to, provide you with a list of certification levels to "replace" the card for and also show you the current photo on-file with PADI (in case you don't want to upload a new one). You could right-click this and save it for your nefarious purposes.

Maybe PADi is changing it as we speak. I just went to the "Keep Diving" portion of the site and got the following message:

PADI.com has encountered an unexpected problem

The system administrator has been notified of this problem and the problem has been logged.

You can try again or contact customer service for immediate assistance using the footer links below.

just goes to show that they read these threads to see what is being said bad about them, but refuse to participate in forums in order to help or be a productive member of the forum....

what a shame....

You cannot get this information from the PADI system, something about privacy :shakehead:
Shouldn't anyway.

Super, just great.
just goes to show that they read these threads to see what is being said bad about them, but refuse to participate in forums in order to help or be a productive member of the forum....

what a shame....
How many do you think were on the grassy knoll?

BTW, check my Nitrox card in the collection attached, second one down on the right. I used it several times before I noticed it did not say Nitrox.

Attachments

• CCF07142006_00002.jpg
    CCF07142006_00002.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 2,554

what a shame....
I think a case can be made they best serve the community by monitoring the board and working in the background. Then again they may may be doing neither and created the PADI.com has encountered an unexpected problem in response to a tip.

How many do you think were on the grassy knoll?

PADI is not the only corporation/manufacturer that has someone monitor scubaboard for posts on a continual basis.

There are several manufacturers that do not participate or post on scubaboard that monitor posts in their name on a very frequent (weekly, daily or several times daily) basis....

An example of this is one diveshop/forum-member that posted agrivation with a manufacturer only to get calls from that manufacturer and their lawyers about the post. The thread was removed because of threats of legal issues against the shop and scubaboard.

So some companies might not partipate in posting, but they are definately paying someone on their staff to lurk/monitor for anything that there name is used in a negative way.

This is not just selective to the dive community. other companies and celebrities monitor the internet for copyright infringement and other legals issues on a continous basis. There are even companies that can be contracted to monitor this on the internet for companies on a 3rd party basis and report finds back. it's that big of a thing.

I think a case can be made they best serve the community by monitoring the board and working in the background. Then again they may may be doing neither and created the PADI.com has encountered an unexpected problem in response to a tip.
Or maybe it just a glitch is Padi's slow system. I just tried it and it worked just fine: I saved a pic directly from the Padi system... :shakehead:

It asked me to uplaod a photo and did not give me an existing photo...... so how do I get to see her photo?

If you got to step 3 Upload Photo, you should see the pic...
> If your computer and system is not slow; and
> Padi is not having another glitch.
You may need to get the teenage helper yet. :lol2:

Back
Top Bottom