• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

PADI C Cards

Discussion in 'Q and A for Scuba Certification Agencies' started by Black Cat, Sep 25, 2017.

1. scrane

scrane Barracuda

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Because NAUI had no idea who they handed certifications out to in the mid 70's it was the paper certificate I had miraculously saved that convinced them to issue a replacement for a long lost card.

2. Bob DBF

Bob DBF Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Even though I got a replacement card for my deteriorating 1980 PADI c-card, their computer still does not show that I am certified OW.

Bob

3. Snoweman

Snoweman Manta Ray

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Also, email these from one personal email account to another personal email account. That way you have two backups if your phone goes Tango Uniform.

pconsidine likes this.
  4. Snoweman

Snoweman Manta Ray

My OW class does not show up on the PADI website. I don't know where the card is, but I know I had it when I got my AOW. I now have my Rescue Diver. Both AOW and RD show up, but not OW. No clue why. I have tried different spellings of my name and no luck. I'm glad I didn't lose it before I got my AOW.

Bob DBF and pconsidine like this.
  5. TMHeimer

TMHeimer Divemaster

Or be old school and Xerox them.

6. Diving Dubai

Diving Dubai Instructor, Scuba

Frankley as divers we should be moving away from plastic....

Like others, all my cards are stored electronically and on my copied to my dropbox

All of the agencies need to embrace a better way.

How can we preach about plastic reduction and not take small steps (at first) ourselves

Dogbowl, Beyond_Diving and Saniflush like this.
  7. Neilwood

Neilwood Loggerhead Turtle

That would be a nice thought if some of the agencies didn't charge extra for having electronic cards. I carry mine but they are all duplicated electronically on emails etc in case of issues of lost cards etc.

Not sure why it should cost more anyway - they have my details on computer, it is only the access to that part of the system they need to sort out.

scrane likes this.
  8. MaxE

MaxE Nassau Grouper

The E-Cards should be free, and downloadable to the wallet on a smartphone not just on the agency app. The plastic card should be an extra fee. Progress is slow.

9. pconsidine

pconsidine ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

maybe your middle initial not used- check your OW card to see exactly how spelled and Date of Birth- might be different

10. pconsidine

pconsidine ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

If you want a wall certificate that is extra charge- but they still due it for Master Scuba Diver or all professional certs. such as DM, OW Instructor, or any Specialty Instructor.