Info PADI converts to eCards 10 Jan 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The app is free. For us the have been certified for a long time, if we want an e-card, the cost is $53.00 per card. I still have my plastic card so no worry.
@tursiops — this isn’t gouging $53 per "virtual" card then?

Just downloaded the PADI app. I am not a dive professional; highest cert is Rescue. I have no eCards probably because my last cert (Deep Diver) was a few years ago... but I really don't know. If I want an eCard, it's $53 for a standard eCard for each certification or specialty. eCards with artwork are $63 each.

Not gonna happen for something less useful than a physical card. eCards can't be accessed without internet access according to PADI.

Also, to replace a physical card is $53 per cert or specialty and $63 per card with artwork.

The grift continues...

@tursiops — this isn’t gouging $53 per "virtual" card then?
The free e-card is for new certs. He can take a picture of his plastic card if he wants something on his phone.

If I want an eCard, it's $53 for a standard eCard for each certification or specialty. eCards with artwork are $63 each.
I haven't read all the posts in this thread and maybe my question was answered already but why are they charging so much? Not having to print and mail out a card is a cost savings for the company. Usually, and not always, they pass on part of the savings to the customer. So, why are they charging so much? I'm not looking for the usual....well...their just greedy bastards.

The free e-card is for new certs. He can take a picture of his plastic card if he wants something on his phone.
Do existing qualifications show up on the PADI phone/tablet appp without payment?

Do existing qualifications show up on the PADI phone/tablet appp without payment?
It seems to be mixed.

Sometimes you get some,
Sometimes you don’t.

I have some of my certs and some I don’t. Maybe I got an e-card paid by the dive centre for some but not sure?

You get this for the ones not shown

IMG_1564.jpeg

Somehow my OW and drysuit shows in both

IMG_1565.jpeg

Gosh. Just downloaded the appp and created an account. It's actually found my seven "Certifications with no e-cards". Clicking on one of those shows no further data (date, location, etc.). But this obviously exists on the PADI database.

However, it is ever so helpfully suggesting I donate to the PADI organisation by "Purchase eCard". Why on earth would I need to do that as it show I'm certified? Is this like buying a hat on Fortnite?

And yes, I've photographed my cards should I ever loose them.

IMG_7860.png

Gosh. Just downloaded the appp and created an account. It's actually found my seven "Certifications with no e-cards". Clicking on one of those shows no further data (date, location, etc.). But this obviously exists on the PADI database.

However, it is ever so helpfully suggesting I donate to the PADI organisation by "Purchase eCard". Why on earth would I need to do that as it show I'm certified? Is this like buying a hat on Fortnite?

And yes, I've photographed my cards should I ever loose them.

It is like buying a hat on Fortnight. And you don’t have to, but many people do. I don’t, but I’m not telling people not to buy that hat. Or that house. Or that car. Or that drysuit.

When you are held by an investment company, decisions are not made for the benefit of the activity, but rather the quantity of Benjamins that can be earned by the investors...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom