Info PADI converts to eCards 10 Jan 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gosh. Just downloaded the appp and created an account. It's actually found my seven "Certifications with no e-cards". Clicking on one of those shows no further data (date, location, etc.). But this obviously exists on the PADI database.

However, it is ever so helpfully suggesting I donate to the PADI organisation by "Purchase eCard". Why on earth would I need to do that as it show I'm certified? Is this like buying a hat on Fortnite?

And yes, I've photographed my cards should I ever loose them.

I think you are better buying a hat on Fortnite: you’ll look really cool in-game 😂

Maybe you just gave away a business idea: accessories for your diving avatar. I want a Rudolph hat on my cert and matching brown gloves.

IMG_1566.jpeg

I can't look at my NAUI certs, they don't go that far back online.
You can request NAUI to add them to your online records. Just send them scans of your c cards.

My NAUI, PADI, and TDI/SDI certs are available as Online Verification/eCards, but not my YMCA and PDIC cards from the early years. They exist only as physical cards.....

I likely should scan them to an electronic record...

My NAUI, PADI, and TDI/SDI certs are available as Online Verification/eCards, but not my YMCA and PDIC cards from the early years. They exist only as physical cards.....

I likely should scan them to an electronic record...
I did that with my YMCA card, along with my PADI and SDI card. They all live on my phone, and in my email. I never carry my Y card.

My young coworkers get a kick out of seeing my Y card so they can compare 16 year old me to 61 year old me. I’m not as thrilled 😆.

Erik

I did that with my YMCA card, along with my PADI and SDI card. They all live on my phone, and in my email. I never carry my Y card.

My young coworkers get a kick out of seeing my Y card so they can compare 16 year old me to 61 year old me. I’m not as thrilled 😆.

Erik
For me with my YMCA card it is 20 vs. 56...

When you get a certification the price of the ecard is included in the cost of the coarse. They just want to give you your certification card through an e-card for 53.00 rather than have to go through the trouble of mailing out a physical card. I do not want a e-card that is iffy if you can even use it at your dive destination. We should have a choice over which type of card we would prefer.
I am very frustrated over this. I just applied for my Master Diver Card. I was charged 75.00 for the application which there are no dives or e-learning involved just paperwork. This does come with the e-card and if I prefer a physical card they want another 53.00. This is Not right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom