PADI Dive Calculator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried some depths and abt and got a totaly diferant letter designation 21% o2
example :
1: 55 ft. ABT 42MIN Your calculator gave Q
MY pADI eRDP dive planner gave me P
2; 65ft ABT 42 Yor cal. gave me XX
my eRDP GAVE ME [ (RULE 2 ) SAFTY STOP 3 MIN ] S
3: 65FT ABT 30 Your cal. gave me O
MY eRDP gave me N

It seems that it don't like the odd multipales of 5 55,65,75,ecx.....
I have not plyed around with it a hole lot . Put this is the few thing I did find good luck on the finished version . Let us check it out as you progress

Ken

" Yes, you probably are. I don't even dive with tables if I can avoid it, but those times when I have a buddy w/o a computer, its nice to have a calculator to do the table stuff for me "

Better suggestion - I dive w/ a back up wrist computer and if necessary, will let a non computer buddy use it - problem solved; and my back up - an Aeris - was all of $179, during a sale at Divers Direct. If I have a problem w/ the main computer, I can still dive safely.

I swore after AOW I would never use the tables if I could help it (and this was back in the '80's).

I know the calculations are necessary, but still think the tables are not "easy" or user friendly, especially using NITROX on 1 dive, air on the next, or during multi dive days while on vacation.

" Yes, you probably are. I don't even dive with tables if I can avoid it, but those times when I have a buddy w/o a computer, its nice to have a calculator to do the table stuff for me "

Better suggestion - I dive w/ a back up wrist computer and if necessary, will let a non computer buddy use it - problem solved; and my back up - an Aeris - was all of $179, during a sale at Divers Direct. If I have a problem w/ the main computer, I can still dive safely.

I swore after AOW I would never use the tables if I could help it (and this was back in the '80's).

I know the calculations are necessary, but still think the tables are not "easy" or user friendly, especially using NITROX on 1 dive, air on the next, or during multi dive days while on vacation.
If you find the tables hard to use, its a good argument you should..

I tried some depths and abt and got a totaly diferant letter designation 21% o2
example :
1: 55 ft. ABT 42MIN Your calculator gave Q
MY pADI eRDP dive planner gave me P
2; 65ft ABT 42 Yor cal. gave me XX
my eRDP GAVE ME [ (RULE 2 ) SAFTY STOP 3 MIN ] S
3: 65FT ABT 30 Your cal. gave me O
MY eRDP gave me N

It seems that it don't like the odd multipales of 5 55,65,75,ecx.....
I have not plyed around with it a hole lot . Put this is the few thing I did find good luck on the finished version . Let us check it out as you progress

Ken

Have you confirmed the eRDP v. The Table? I checked them on my Table and the Calculator gives the correct results. Its possible the eRDP uses a different algorithim.

I just uploaded a new updated version of the Calculator. I have disabled the Nitrox for the time being.

I fixed the crashes when you enter invalid values. I also set it up to compute the Max SI between 2 dives if you leave it blank, as well as the Max ABT. It will also warn when a Deco stop is required.

I added the WXYZ rule as well, but I think it may need some more tweaking. There are also much better errors/warnings displayed.

Welcome to Bryan's Dive Calc

Have you confirmed the eRDP v. The Table? I checked them on my Table and the Calculator gives the correct results. Its possible the eRDP uses a different algorithim.

I am unsure of what anyone has used, but I can tell you that the eRDPml (blue) which is the newest, is based off of 5 ft increments (PADI wheel) where as the table is based off of 10 ft increments. The original (yellow) eRDP (no longer available from PADI) was based off of 10 ft increments just like the table.

The hosting for the project ran out, and I just forgot to re-deploy the app. I will try to get it back online soon.

PJF's Pages - No-decompression dive calculator Is a good dive calc as well. It was the site that I got the idea for the project from.

As always though, these calculators can be wrong, so you should double check them with a dive table (Not the eRDP)

It would be nice if it could handle the issues of Altitude diving. The correction tables are in the "Adventures In Diving" manual.

One big feature that the eRDP doesn't have is the ability to specify an initial pressure group. Arrive at Lake Tahoe, round to 7000 feet and you start out in pressure group N (2 pressure groups per 1000' rounded up). Then you do the SIT (while setting up the site and eating breakfast) and start your dives at some other pressure group.

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom