PADI diver identification question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How does PADI identify a diver as he/she progresses through training? I ask that question because I notice that as an OW diver I had one ID number and now that I took the Peak Performance Bouyancy class I am now another ID number.

I plan to take NITROX and AOW next week, in Bonaire, and now I wonder if I will get two more C-Cards (and two more ID numbers). Wouldn't it make more sense to have just one ID number and update the certifications on the C-Card or something like that?

Obviously, I must be missing something...:confused:

How does PADI identify a diver as he/she progresses through training?
Credit Card Number

Actually. Its your name.

I was told that until you become a professional within the organization (DM, Instr.) your id number will change. Once you get to those lifty heights, you are assigned a permanent number.

Really, it's your name and your date of birth.

If you "go pro," and become a DM, then you'll get a number that stays with you.

And if you have one cert with a middle initial and another without you are two separate divers and can dive twice as often. :wink:

You will have separate cards.

Each cert gets a new card. After a while, you'll have a handful.

All PADI certifications, up to dive master, stand by themselves. You will have a completely different certification number for each one.

As Newman Diver stated, if one becomes a PADI divemaster, then that number stays with you from then on.

By the way, Machine Gun Kitty, I liked your response !!!! Blew some pignot noir out of my nose.

Ya know, you can get credit cards with your own design on them. Next time I think I'll get one with a PADI logo on it . . . . Ooooohhhhh, that's get some laughs out of the dive shops!!!

Ooooh that burns !!!!!

the K

Back
Top Bottom