PADI diver identification question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can get one card with all your certs on it, if I'm not mistaken.

the K

:confused: Show me the way.:rofl3:

It's not gonna happen IMO.:no:
Yep in this case you are mistaken.:)

BTW,lots of divers just love to pulldown 20 or more cards at once.:D

And if you have one cert with a middle initial and another without you are two separate divers and can dive twice as often.

but your surface interval is longer so you actually dive half as much...LOL

I think PADI will print your enriched air cert on another card - ie: Master Scuba Diver/Enriched Air Diver, etc. You have to first have the Enriched air card processed as well as the other card, then pay them $35 to print you a new combined card.
I am not aware of them combining any other certs on a card.

PADI=Put Another Dollar In:rofl3:

I try not to do this crap, but I just couldn't resist commenting on this:)

How does PADI identify a diver as he/she progresses through training? I ask that question because I notice that as an OW diver I had one ID number and now that I took the Peak Performance Bouyancy class I am now another ID number.

I plan to take NITROX and AOW next week, in Bonaire, and now I wonder if I will get two more C-Cards (and two more ID numbers). Wouldn't it make more sense to have just one ID number and update the certifications on the C-Card or something like that?

Obviously, I must be missing something...:confused:

PADI is like AMWAY both sell good products but you must enter from the bottom of the pyramid and make your way to the top.

When I was in PADI Open Water there were two things I laughed at in the PADI text.

1. You can have color cordinated dive gear.

2. That there were 25 seperate certifications or specialtiy skills

Now I am guilty of both these statements as I have matching dive gear and I am trying to get all 25 skills.

Owning 25 C-cards in your walet can make anyones rear-end hurt.

So for travel I use the PADI website.

From the PADI website:

1. Click on My PADI.
2. Create an account and enter your name and password
3. Click on on Education tab and vola' there will be all of your certifications and the date you certified.

This way a travel dive shop can verify your certs but you can save excess baggage by not bringing all of your C-Cards.

4. Under Experience Tab you can log all of your dives so that you don't need to bring your log book, or if your computer crashes you will have a back up online.

5. Under the Equipment Tab you can enter all of your gear and when it was last serviced.

PADI is like AMWAY both sell good products but you must enter from the bottom of the pyramid and make your way to the top.

When I was in PADI Open Water there were two things I laughed at in the PADI text.

1. You can have color cordinated dive gear.

2. That there were 25 seperate certifications or specialtiy skills

Now I am guilty of both these statements as I have matching dive gear and I am trying to get all 25 skills.

Owning 25 C-cards in your walet can make anyones rear-end hurt.

So for travel I use the PADI website.

From the PADI website:

1. Click on My PADI.
2. Create an account and enter your name and password
3. Click on on Education tab and vola' there will be all of your certifications and the date you certified.

This way a travel dive shop can verify your certs but you can save excess baggage by not bringing all of your C-Cards.

4. Under Experience Tab you can log all of your dives so that you don't need to bring your log book, or if your computer crashes you will have a back up online.

5. Under the Equipment Tab you can enter all of your gear and when it was last serviced.

PADI has been "updating" their website for 9 months now and won't accept any new members on the website.

One day we will have the universal card; it will look like a credit card. The dive shops swipes the card and all your certifications/specialties come up on the print out. Until then we have to put up with PSADI this SSI that and NAUI the other, not to talk about a boat load of cards the costs $25.00 in overweight airline surcharges to carry around!!!

Now to bad all the agencies can't seem to talk to each other without getting into a fight!! There will be peace on earth in our hobby one day, we just don't know how or when.

Grover48 was right. I had my account built on PADI.com years ago and I did not know it was down for maintence. Hopefully it will be up soon. I highly suggest that you check back often as the My PADI portion of the website offers all the advantages that I mentioned in a previous post. Here is the message that PADI is sending out from their web site. I have inquired with PADI to find out when the My PADI portion of the PADI web site will be open for new members to join.

Coming in 2009 to My PADI:
My PADI is getting a complete remodel! As one of the first online scuba communities to serve you nearly 10 years ago, My PADI is ready to get completely overhauled.

Existing members can still log in, but in order to prepare for the redesign we cannot accept new members at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you into an amazing new online community very soon!

You will be able to:
Log & share your dives
View your PADI certifications
Find a dive buddy
Keep a log of your scuba equipment and when it's due to be serviced
Talk to other scuba divers through online forums
Explore more ways to share experiences and learn about dive sites
See what's up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom