PADI DM training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You do not need the Wheel any longer, it has been replaced by the erdpML

now see, I questioned that, but my DM instructor asked what if I came across an old school diver who still used the wheel? So I still had to demonstrate the ability to use one, and I think he brought up a valid point for still using it at the professional level.

Good point, he is totally correct in saying that but why not move with the times, this is the way PADI should have gone a while back, it will save a hell of a lot of time in the classroom as people forget which side of the table to use. Both forms of the erdp are easy to use and i can see the regular table rdp being extict in a few years. Whilst training the divers of tomorrow why not use the materials of tomorrow.

I for one will be pleased once the RDP is gone as some find it very confusing. This will not happen however until the erdp's are made 100% waterproof.
Eventually my instructor covered all: RDP, Wheel, eRDP, and ERDPml; he suggested that I own all of them; which I did; although we did cover them beforehand.

At one shop were I worked, if a candiate was going to DM for the store, then we sold them course materials at cost, no mark-up.

If it was someone just looking for their DM certification, they there was a mark-up.

I figured that I'd better learn the Wheel and the ERDP, test be damned.

eRDP is now required. It replaces the Wheel. Wheel is gone for good after stock at PADI HQ is depleted.

I just did my IDC and that's the news.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom