PADI Does Revoke Certifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TracyN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
In case anyone was wondering whether or not complaints to PADI or other agencies get taken seriously, I have proof that they do. I reported an instructor to PADI because the training I received for my Dry Suit Diver and Deep Diver were wholly inadequate and didn't even come close to meeting standards. In good conscience I couldn't portray myself as a diver in either of those specialties. I supplied PADI with the necessary information and they sent me an email back stating that in light of what I just told them that they were investigating the instructor and that unfortunately they had to revoke my Dry Suit and Deep Diver specialties. I must also send them the cards back.

I am awaiting a response from PADI to see if I will somehow be compensated for the loss of these certifications but I'm not expecting anything. This was a lesson learned, CHOOSE YOUR INSTRUCTORS VERY CAREFULLY!

In case anyone was wondering whether or not complaints to PADI or other agencies get taken seriously, I have proof that they do. I reported an instructor to PADI because the training I received for my Dry Suit Diver and Deep Diver were wholly inadequate and didn't even come close to meeting standards. In good conscience I couldn't portray myself as a diver in either of those specialties. I supplied PADI with the necessary information and they sent me an email back stating that in light of what I just told them that they were investigating the instructor and that unfortunately they had to revoke my Dry Suit and Deep Diver specialties. I must also send them the cards back.

I am awaiting a response from PADI to see if I will somehow be compensated for the loss of these certifications but I'm not expecting anything. This was a lesson learned, CHOOSE YOUR INSTRUCTORS VERY CAREFULLY!

PADI did not teach your class and was not paid for it. I do believe you are owed compensation, but that should come from the instructor or shop that gave you the class. If it was an independent instructor, good luck. If it was a shop, I would expect them to come through for you. Perhaps they will offer you free classes in compensation.

It was an independent instructor and that instructor skipped the country so I guess I'm out of luck. There are many frauds out there unfortunately.

I think PADI should reimburse you if the inst doesn't because part of your course fee was paid to PADI and PADI issued the certs. Personally, I don't think I would surrender the certs until the compensation issue is resolved.

Perhaps they will offer you free classes in compensation.

now how would that be useful if you reported that instructor in the first place, get more bad training? lol

now how would that be useful if you reported that instructor in the first place, get more bad training? lol

I differentiated between a shop and an independent instructor. If this had happened in either of the shops for which I have worked, the highly embarrassed shop would have fired the instructor and given the student a free class with the best instructor they had available.

what action did they take against the instructor?

I differentiated between a shop and an independent instructor. If this had happened in either of the shops for which I have worked, the highly embarrassed shop would have fired the instructor and given the student a free class with the best instructor they had available.

true, but personally i would still not trust that shop ever again

there is no excuse for incompetence, or condoning it
if he was a new hire, the shop should have observed his teaching in the first courses hey let him run
if he's been with the shop for a while already that is even worse

Are you also required to poke holes in your dry suit?

It would be very foolish for you to send your cards back to PADI without full compensation for both your class costs and your time wasted in that training. I suspect it is a nice attempt, on their part, to cover their ass for any liability that may flow their way for THEIR inadequate instructor. Were there any other students in you classes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom