PADI EANx online course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHuth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I randomly decided to add to my SCUBA training today. I figured I had plenty of free time today, and the majority of the Nitrox course is done at home; so I went ahead and signed up. It was cool stuff to learn, and I'm sure it will come in handy down the road. But is it just me, or is the cost for the course way overpriced??? I could basically summarize everything I learned in a 5 minute conversation. The price of the course is more than both Advanced Open Water and Rescue Diver. That doesnt make any sense to me. I'm planning to do allot of PADI training eventually, so I'll chalk it up to the price of entry. But I cant help but thinking that money could have been better spent elsewhere.

I cannot comment if you paid too much as that I do not know what you paid for the online portion. But would hope that by the end of the course you accumulate more than just five minutes of valuable education. Yes the first aid and rescue portion is some what repetitive to your other courses, but I hope you understanding of theory of EAN and how to apply the physic to your dive planning/implementation will give you an appreciation for the course and EAN.

I paid $245 for the online course, and will pay another $30 when I visit with my instructor to finish it up. So $275 total.

Now, it is a great course. I'm glad I took it. I did have that "A ha" moment when I was reading about PO2. I've seen so many people talk about it, and I had no idea what it meant. Now I can confidently say that I fully understand what it is, and how to appIy it to a dive. I just think they should reel the price in a bit.

I too think you over paid...we charge $135.

Well I am glad you had a a paradigm moment. With you instructor you should cover gas analyses and MOD and best gas calculations.

PADI has some great eLearning programs but I don't think the online EANx is one of them. EANx is best learned with an Instructor who has a Tec Background. It's a lot more to EANx than just learning the basics of entering FO2 and PO2 into the computer and labeling the Tank. There is greater value when the student is able to understand Dalton, Henry's and other gas laws as well as manually computing for PO2, FO2, MOD, EAD, and yes, CNS% and OTU's as well. That's how I teach EANx.

I paid $245 for the online course, and will pay another $30 when I visit with my instructor to finish it up. So $275 total.

Now, it is a great course. I'm glad I took it. I did have that "A ha" moment when I was reading about PO2. I've seen so many people talk about it, and I had no idea what it meant. Now I can confidently say that I fully understand what it is, and how to appIy it to a dive. I just think they should reel the price in a bit.
I know what you mean - the online for me is £155.00 and I still have to pay for the analysis part on top. If I add it on to other training at my chosen school, it is cheaper and face to face. But I guess I will want to take it to allow me to use Nitrox on holiday (even if only to minimise the cumulative effect of 21 dives in 6 days).

I paid $165 for my course, but it wan't through PADI. It included an online class that took me about two hours to complete, and then a classroom session that took maybe two and a half hours. The classroom session pretty much repeated the online course. To me the value of having the classroom session was being able to ask questions and to see and use an 02 analyzer. While we weren't given a paper manual, I will have access to the online course as reference indefinitely.

PADI Enriched Air Diver (online course): $272
PADI Enriched Air Diver (classroom course from LDS): $150

It was a no-brainer for me. Ontop of paying almost half the cost, we had an instructor to answer any questions we had.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom