PADI EANx online course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my PADI Nitrox certification at a resort in Mexico, cost $150 and about an hour for video, Q&A, and test.

Mine was $75 with NAUI back when they also required two dives in addition to the tank analysis. I agree that it should be included with Scuba or Advanced Scuba Certification. It's not rocket surgery.

Rocket Surgery :)

Attachments

• rocketsurgery_fullpic_artwork.jpg
    rocketsurgery_fullpic_artwork.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 22
I've never had a student take the PADI online nitrox class. I've always encouraged them to take the traditional format: in a classroom, with all the relevant equipment, and an instructor that can explain everything they need to know from real-world experience.

It's important to keep in mind that PADI's philosophy toward its online courses is that it's offering students a convenient way to take the courses and so PADI charges a hefty premium for the convenience. Most students assume "online" means "cheaper" and are shocked to find out about the "convenience premium" for PADI's online courses.

So you learned an important lesson. I would suggest that if you're seriously interested in diving, it would be worth retaking the entire nitrox course from an instructor that will provide you a much broader foundation of knowledge on the subject.

90€, club course, one evening theory and test,two EANx dives included

I did mine recently through a shop in Auckland because my LDS doesn't do it from their shop.
$199 for book, and I rocked up at the shop 2 weeks later for the reviews, test and the practical stuff for analysing. They also threw in 2 dives in nitrox.

Because the whole family travelled for the dives, our petrol, accommodation and food were more than the whole course!
But it was cool to dive somewhere away from normal and to have a night away with the family.

My LDS throws it in for free when you take and pay for AOW and the drysuit specialty.
What did those cost together?

I paid $245 for the online course, and will pay another $30 when I visit with my instructor to finish it up. So $275 total.

Now, it is a great course. I'm glad I took it. I did have that "A ha" moment when I was reading about PO2. I've seen so many people talk about it, and I had no idea what it meant. Now I can confidently say that I fully understand what it is, and how to appIy it to a dive. I just think they should reel the price in a bit.

ouch my wife did hers for 100 at the shop and not online.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom