PADI Five Star Dive Center?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In terms of the shop, a 5-star designation (Walter is right about this) also is another step toward teaching instructor development courses. Once there, you apply for 5-Star IDC status (and pay an additional $300 last time I checked) and you can teach the Instructor Development Course (if you are, or have access to, a Course Director).

I don't have my manual with me, but I also believe that there are more requirements as part of a 5-Star designation, such as a quarterly air quality analysis requirement. Someone out there please confirm this for me if possible.

Just something to point out as I discovered when traveling. A 5 star hotel doesn't neccessariliy mean quality, it means what facilities they have.

As in the 4 star hotel is the one across from the beach where the 5 star is on the beach.

I'm sure the same applies here.

Just something to point out as I discovered when traveling. A 5 star hotel doesn't neccessariliy mean quality, it means what facilities they have.

As in the 4 star hotel is the one across from the beach where the 5 star is on the beach.

I'm sure the same applies here.

the same doesn't really apply to Padi and their facility, or what facilities they have. I see a lot of vacation destinations that have the "5 star PADI" emblem advertised. But it doesn't have anything to do with their shop facilities or their boats, beach dives, etc.

doesn't have to do anything with if they offer nitrox, or other gas blending. Or if they have so much inventory on hand, or so much classroom space, etc...

For example we have one local shop that is a 5-star shop and another that isn't. While there is nothing wrong with the 5-star shop, it's just on a regular business street and not in some fancy location. nothing fancy about their inventory or classroom. Nothing wrong with any of it, but like most dive shops you go in, you wouldn't call the actuall facilities to be known as 5 star.

any shop that meets the criteria for 5 start (being padi only, so many studends certified, and paying extra money) can apply and get the padi 5 star rating.

Any of you jokers actually ask to see the requirements in the general standards and procedures section of the Padi instructor manual? Maybe then you will know the truth. Until then, keep being a master of misinformation. It is quite entertaining. Its like the blue neoprene comedy tour.
BTW my Padi 5 Star IDC is also a Dan training facility as well as a TDI/ERDI training facility.

the 5 star designation implies quality, which is what makes it a marketing lie. When we think of a star system in our society, we think of ratings from 1 to 5 stars. Padi knows this and uses it to lie to us. There is no rating involved and there are no 1, 2, 3 or 4 start facilities. The 5 star designation (not rating) is about loyalty to padi and paying padi an additional fee, it is not about anything that is meaningful to the customer in any way. It is a way to mislead customers and nothing more.

B I N G O

I can think of no better way of explainging it.

Any of you jokers................keep being a master of misinformation. It is quite entertaining. Its like the blue neoprene comedy tour.

:hmmm: Nice going

BTW my Padi 5 Star IDC is also a Dan training facility as well as a TDI/ERDI training facility.

Jokers eh? I guess if you are the super hero you say you are then you realize that you just isolated a large portion of ScubaBoard and guaranteed yourself that they will never dive with your outfit? I hope you run your business just as effectively and efficiently.....after all you did this with just one ignorant statement. Nice going. BTW a little preventative maintenance on the filter in your brain might prevent things like this from escaping before catering it to your target audience :D. Just a thought.

For lack of any definitive information here, I'll throw my own limited understanding in: I thought the 5-star meant that a certain (high) percentage of your certs had to be PADI. I know 5-stars can teach classes for other agencies but I'm pretty sure that doing too many can work against them.

hookedonscuba2:
Any of you jokers actually ask to see the requirements in the general standards and procedures section of the Padi instructor manual? Maybe then you will know the truth. Until then, keep being a master of misinformation. It is quite entertaining. Its like the blue neoprene comedy tour.

Actually, I have read the requirements and I've posted them on this board. We are telling the truth. What do you see that you believe isn't true?

Pearldiver07 seems to be the only one so far with any knowledge. Post the requirements again (all of them, not some of them)and you'll see what I'm talking about. The filter is working. It caught you bubba!

Back
Top Bottom