PADI Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Techniciany

Reaction score
I can't afford to carry PADI insurance any more, I have now moved over and used IANTD's insurance its cheaper and seems to be OK for PADI. When will PADI begin to make it easier to stay in there association. I'm thinking of crossing over.

IMHO the insurance thing is the only place where PADI has really dropped the ball. They owe their membership (US!) a better deal that that.

However, the educational materials/upport and QC are second to none. They are also recognized world wide. Two factors that will help you grow as an Instructor AND get a job just about anywhere you want.

Just my $0.02's worth,

~SubMariner~

where can padi professionals get padi-acceptable insurance? i'm an AI and doubt i would be able to recoup the cost of my padi insurance.

thanks,

judy

i crossed over to TDI for insurance but at the moment i am seriously considering dropping it alltogether, i can spend that money on more useful stuff that helps me further my diving education. TDI is cheaper.

i crossed over to TDI for insurance but at the moment i am seriously considering dropping it alltogether, i can spend that money on more useful stuff that helps me further my diving education

The US is easily THE most litiginous country on the planet. To be a dive professional in this country WITHOUT liability insurance would be tantamount to committing financial suicide.

All it takes is ONE frivilous laysuit and you lose EVERYTHING.

If you are just going to be a diver, then drop the insurance. If not... :eek:

~SubMariner~

In Europe it is easy - DAN. The rest of the world seems to be a nightmare! I have ended up taking the US PADI insurance (DAN Japan would not answer me, probably because of the language difficulty) as it was about quarter the price of PADI Japan's insurance and it covered me for the rest of the world. From what I could make out PADI Japan insurance only covered Japan.

I am now non-teaching AI becuase there was no way I was paying the money for prof insurance on the off chance I may do a bit of DM'ing. Plus side is I just get to dive for myself!!

Jonathan

SubMariner once bubbled...

The US is easily THE most litiginous country on the planet. To be a dive professional in this country WITHOUT liability insurance would be tantamount to committing financial suicide.

All it takes is ONE frivilous laysuit and you lose EVERYTHING.

If you are just going to be a diver, then drop the insurance. If not... :eek:

~SubMariner~

yup, just being a diver is what i intend to be for the moment.

I live in Japan, and did the same thing as Jonathan -- bought US PADI insurance. Seems DAN is not quite as international as everyone thinks. Sure they will cover you wherever you dive, but you have to buy the policy from the provider in the region in which you live, and the policy premiums and benefits are decided by these local underwriters. The coverage in Japan is a joke -- nothing like the comprehensive plan offered by DAN USA. I had actually signed up for the DAN USA plan online, only to receive an email several days later telling me that I was being refused because I don't live in the USA. The puzzling thing is that there was a "choose country" option (with dozens of countries listed) on the online sign up form. Has anyone else had this frustration with DAN?

With PADI, you can sign up regardless of your location, and the coverage seems very comparable to DAN. I'm wondering why more people don't buy PADI insurance. On other threads it seems most people praise DAN or DiveSafe. Am I missing something?

I just got my renewal stuff from PADI and it looks like they've sorted out the insurance this year - well not global but certainly a lot cheaper from PADI Japan this year, one could almost say reasonable......

Can anyone tell me what the actual cost for insurance is ? I am in california and have been an uninsured non working divemaster for about a year. not really planning on insurance until I get my instructors rating

Back
Top Bottom