PADI Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I pay USD 250 for the complete Padi DM insurance
here in Japan. Instructor is twice as much.

cmay once bubbled...
I went with Gale Smith & Company out of TN. The instructor premium was $419.75 and accepted by PADI.

I've been using them for a few years... They hold the master policy for ANDi.. The tech option is only a few $$ more with coverage for Any gas, closed circuit and unlimited depth (for those with the proper ratings).
PADI, TDI and SDI accept this policy..
don't know aboutother agencies.. The DN rates are much cheaper..

TJO - have you checked the new rates? For next year I've just paid 19,000 yen or about $150 through PADI. DM and AI are the same and this also includes personal insruance now and not just professional liability - a lot more reasonable than this year.

Jonathan

divemistress once bubbled...
i tried the obvious, www.tdi.com, but no go. and i'm not sure what it stands for -- technical divers international?

thanks,

judy

The web site for Technical Diving International is www.tdisdi.com

Jonathan,

Are those rates for PADI in Japan only, or US as well? I'm still waiting for my DM card and to find out how much the insurance will be. I live in Japan, but my certifications via the US Military are considered US.

Thanks

I'm registered with PADI Japan - but it is PADI insurance so I don't see why PADI US wouldn't recognise it - you are after all (I presume) doing most of your diving out here

Jonathan

Seems like insurance in japan is much more resonable than in the US, We really should stop sueing each other so much !!!

My husband is among the recently non-insured, non-teaching PADI divemasters because of cost. As others have said, it makes working as a divemaster impossible to break even with the additional cost. I tried to support his desire to work as a DM back when he barely got paid enough in pay to cover the costs of gas, meals and hotel at the dive site but it is impossible now that insurance is $400 per year.

I know that one of the diveshops here in our area offered all their DM/AI's a cross over program that converted them to SSI Dive Cons with cheaper insurance rates over Labor Day weekend. The whole shop has abandoned PADI. My husband chose not to participate in the SSI conversion at this point but if he gets back into pro diving, it will not be with PADI.

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom