PADI Rescue Diver certification - worth taking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thats true Ron and a very good point. In the event of an investigation they will know literally everything about a person and hiding it up front leaves a bad impression and raises more concerns. Its best to just be up front and honest and it avoids a bigger potential for law suit.

The "liability issue" in general is discussed in depth in this thread, among others.

Get the training, it is one of, if not the most useful training :)

I'm not going to show my rescue card, Why? ... cause I understand that with the few dives I have and the frequency with which I dive, I don't want to give the boat operator ideas on buddying me with a fresh out of OW diver cause I have "Rescue" and all will be well

Take it.

My course director's definition of dive training goes something like this:

OW: I'm breathing, I'm alive. I'm breathing. I'm alive.
AOW: I'm breathing, I'm alive. I'm breathing. LOOK! A Fish!
Rescue: I'm breathing, I'm alive. Pretty fishes. Wow, I have a buddy!

I chose to take the divemaster course, not so I could teach or assist classes. I decided to take it so that I would have the very deep knowledge of how and why diving works as well as get my diving skills extremely dialed in.

The material in OW is thin, but it's intended to be basic.
AOW's material is nearly non-existent. It's more of a way to wet your whiskers on options.
Rescue class brings you back to learning stuff. It rounds out the basic diver training.
Divemaster takes the time to get into the science and theory of diving as well as make you perfect your basic skills learned in your OW class.

I strongly recommend rescue to any diver. I would only recommend DM if you love knowledge and want to hone your basic diving skills (or want to teach).

Rescue: I'm breathing, I'm alive. Pretty fishes. Wow, I have a buddy!

:rofl3:

Originally Posted by dhuskins
Rescue: I'm breathing, I'm alive. Pretty fishes. Wow, I have a buddy

HAHAHAHAHA, I don't care who you are thats funny!

Back
Top Bottom