PADI Rescue Diver Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

go for it... its pretty much the only PADI course that is actually worth the money...

Greetings Mike and I would recommend that you prepare for the in water skills but doing some endurance conditioning.
It is not like DM swims but it can be strenuous if you are not in fair condition physically.
I agree to find a instructor that will put the extra effort in making the class very realistic.
My rescue class made the reality of a real emergency come to life.
There was foaming blood and it separated the men from the boys in a hurry!

TAKE YOUR CLASS VERY SERIOUS AND MAKE THE MOCK SCENES REAL IN YOUR PERCEPTIONS. COMMIT TO THE TRAINING AND YOU WILL BE READY!
Thank God that I have only had to use the skills several times but keep them sharp.
One such time was with my wife and I was thankful that I was prepared to handle the situation.
Every serious diver should take RESCUE!
It will make you a far better buddy than you every think!

Good luck and keep us posted.
CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

I really enjoyed the PADI rescue course. The way I helped myself get the most out of the class was to get in my role and pretend the events were real. I figure the more real (in your head) you can make it, the better you'll be able to handle an actual situation.

However, I am taking advanced-through-master with a NAUI program at my university just for the purpose of being able to get involved with their program in the future (and for the fun of more dives and meeting people), and I think their program might be better.

I only say that because we did the refresher for the NAUI open water this weekend and I was surprised to see that it covered about 60% of PADI rescue. I had no idea they did that much in the basic NAUI OW class.

If the NAUI version of rescue is as encompassing as their OW, I'd go the NAUI route.

I agree, Rescue is a must and a good instructor is a MUST. My instructor had such realistic scenarios that I actually felt that they were real!

Every serious diver should take RESCUE!
It will make you a far better buddy than you every think!

+1 although even if you are not too "serious" you should do it.

This is the only course that I took in a cold Ontario quarry that I was so into that I forgot I was in a cold Ontario quarry!! You will also meet a bunch of folks who....like you.... actually want to be better at being buddies....

The rescue course is very rewarding. Take the scenarios seriously and you'll get a lot out of the course. It made me view diving from a whole new angle and definitely makes you a better buddy.

Enjoy it!

By far the most rewarding and fun, as well as stressful class I've taken yet. I feel that in addition to all the vital rescue skills you learn, the stress it puts on you as a diver helps in all aspects of diving. My instructor emphasized control under stress, not only in helping others, but in helping yourself as well. That experience can be invaluable.

When I took my class I was ready to crawl out of the pool and strangle my instructor but it was a job well done. Had he have not had me so stressed out it would not have been realistic.

If you plan to dive alot then its even more valuable due to the fact that it will be inevitable that you will find a panicked diver sooner or later. The most valuable skills it teaches is the recognition of problems before they become serious problems. Like how to handle predive problems such as people panicking or freezing up from fear.

Take the course and youll be glad you did. Just be prepared to really be stressed out if you get a good instructor but dont let it get you because its all about simulating a real life situation.

Back
Top Bottom