PADI rescue diver EFR requirement for paramedic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traumadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am pretty sure this has been asked by someone but I couldnt find the post so apologies in advance.
I am a paramedic and have had a current CPR card for a long time. Is it possible to waive the EFR requirement for my Rescue diver course? It is not so much the CPR card that I am asking about, it is the first aid card. We dont have first aid cards just Parameidc certifications from National Registry and our state cert.
Thank you

My instructor accepted my paramedic credentials, no problem.

I didnt think this was going to be an issue but I also know that sometimes dive agencies like to get the money too!
Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it.
Stay safe out there.

I believe, without going to look, that the requirement is, "blah, blah, blah - or equivalent." Certainly a PM cert is more than equivalent. If an instructor refused to accept it, I would find a new instructor.

Hi.. I'm in Australia and I'm about to do my PADI rescue course. my first aid certificate was wavered, all the dive shop needed was a letter from my employer as I'm a senior emergency nurse (teach ALS etc).. I contacted the head office of PADI in Aus.. spoke to the head of training... no problem.. hope this helps

An active paramedic friend of mine tried to sign up for the Rescue class once and the shop insisted PM was not good enough and she had to take EFR, so it happens. She didn't take the class there, and the shop soon deservedly went out of business.

I am pretty sure this has been asked by someone but I couldnt find the post so apologies in advance.
I am a paramedic and have had a current CPR card for a long time. Is it possible to waive the EFR requirement for my Rescue diver course? It is not so much the CPR card that I am asking about, it is the first aid card. We dont have first aid cards just Parameidc certifications from National Registry and our state cert.
Thank you

To earn the PADI Rescue Diver certification you must have completed CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months from a recognized CPR training organization. The course must be hands-on and not a web-based course. If you are a current licensed EMT or PM that would meet the same requirements and you would not have to complete any additional CPR/First Aid courses.

To earn the PADI Rescue Diver certification you must have completed CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months from a recognized CPR training organization. The course must be hands-on and not a web-based course. If you are a current licensed EMT or PM that would meet the same requirements and you would not have to complete any additional CPR/First Aid courses.

Are you sure about this? When I took Rescue (2007), EFR was required (CPR+AED), but not First Aid. My understanding was that First Aid wasn't required until the Dive Master level. Maybe standards have changed.

Back
Top Bottom