PADI WEBSITE - Qualifications not being updated for anyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uber

Contributor
Reaction score
ONTARIO - I just love Algae and Zebra Mussels! I w
# of dives
200 - 499
I got my Rescue cert a month ago and my card arrived a couple of weeks later.....

However when I checked on the myPADI website to see if my qualifications were up :dork2: it was still not there....

I just called PADI and found out that " the website is being redone... so nothing is being updated...."

I pointed out that lots of divers regularly check the site and it's a back-up if you have lost your card on vacation....

I was not told when normal service will be resumed....:popcorn:

Well it has been pushed now to December. I am beginning to think they just dont have the money to really up date it. It was supposed to be done by spring of 09 then by december 09 then summer of 10 and now maybe winter of 2011 is what I was last told. I have myself lost faith in them.

that really makes no sense. Information like that is sucked out of some database (one hopes.) As long as the stuff is getting updated in the database it shouldn't really matter that they are redoing the website. And I don't see how they could not be updating the database. Unless they have multiple databases and are moving stuff and that doesn't happen anymore. Maybe that is part of the problem...

PADI lacks money???? wtf??:confused:

....the only way something like that could happen is if the organization was run by a bunch of half witted numpties from California:rofl3:

that really makes no sense. Information like that is sucked out of some database (one hopes.) As long as the stuff is getting updated in the database it shouldn't really matter that they are redoing the website. And I don't see how they could not be updating the database. Unless they have multiple databases and are moving stuff and that doesn't happen anymore. Maybe that is part of the problem...

I think you are right... the CSR looked me up in on the DB in Canada and in California with no problem.... that data is not getting to the website so I guess some kind of ETL job to another data store that feeds the site is screwed up... I really don't think it has much with updating the site itself....

This has been an issue for over two years. They are severely lacking any kind of professional Database administrators. Their entire cert tracking system is a joke. I have called, I have emailed, I have gone through my LDS, no luck, they say, "Sure we'll fix that" and nothing ever happens, I've given up on the PADI website being a dynamic professional website.:angrymob:

I am not renewing my PADI Dive Society membership this year because of their incompetence. I called them several times last year when renewing and they still couldn't get it right. My son received several cards within a couple of months time and never received the things they promised when joining. Talk about a waste of money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom