PADI - What Defines A "Logged Dive"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nah, that's what google is for. This is an Internet forum, which is for turning simple questions into fodder for wide ranging discussions. That's what I like about it...! :D

Nah - don't agree with you, start a thread 'what's this forum for - answering questions, or generating fodder for wider discussions" . and take a head count ..

Oh hang on a minute -- that would be generating fodder wouldn't it :wink:
--

Actually I didn't know there was a 'rule' for what a logged dive is with stipulations ? I just thought a logged dive was one where I've dived, and finished dive by choice any time or when air was low ?

Cheers

Nah - don't agree with you, start a thread 'what's this forum for - answering questions, or generating fodder for wider discussions" . and take a head count ..

Oh hang on a minute -- that would be generating fodder wouldn't it :wink:
--

:rofl3:

Actually I didn't know there was a 'rule' for what a logged dive is with stipulations ? I just thought a logged dive was one where I've dived, and finished dive by choice any time or when air was low ?

Cheers

Now on THIS we agree..

The log should be a diver's way of remembering his or her dives, and a logged dive is whatever you feel is appropriate to put in your record. There have been a number of threads on this here in the past, and while scenarios are always brought up where someone can "game the system" by doing a bunch of two minute, five foot dives to run up a big number, I can't think of a real world scenario where that would be an issue.

What, someone got their "master scuba diver" card by faking their log book? Do people really try to become instructors right after OW certification by pretending to have dived more than they actually did? Really?

:rofl3:

Now on THIS we agree..

The log should be a diver's way of remembering his or her dives, and a logged dive is whatever you feel is appropriate to put in your record. There have been a number of threads on this here in the past, and while scenarios are always brought up where someone can "game the system" by doing a bunch of two minute, five foot dives to run up a big number, I can't think of a real world scenario where that would be an issue.

What, someone got their "master scuba diver" card by faking their log book? Do people really try to become instructors right after OW certification by pretending to have dived more than they actually did? Really?

doctormike, spot on, couldn't agree more.

Wonder how many people have faked 'logged' dives to assist getting a 'master scuba dive card', and if after such few dives they really consider themselves confident and experienced enough to be the DM looking after or guiding others ? Moreover, would anyone admit it ?

I've come across a couple of so called 'master divers' whose skills and reliability I would put in doubt, and have told them as much. Worst case was when employing a DM to take buddy and I to a couple of dives sites we'd never been, we descended, after a couple of minutes, buddy stopped to take a pic, DM continued into the distance without looking back - and we didn't see him again through the duration of the dive ! After dive, it turned out the DM had not even followed the direction/compass route that he'd planned and discussed with us beforehand !

Cheers, and safe diving.

Back
Top Bottom