Palau Agressor II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TStrick

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will be on the Palau Agressor in Aug. Has anyone taken this trip? What did you like/dislike about it and is there is there any good advise you could give me.

Littile off topic but I purchased a Canon A620 digi cam with housing for the above trip. I am not that experienced with underwater photography but I would like to be able to take some good pics to show the family. With the water conditions in Palau should I also spring for the external flash, if yes do you have any recommendations on which to buy?

Last question I know is in the wrong place but sort of applies to my trip so sorry....

Thanks in advance TStrick

If you can afford it always go with a external flash. Get close to the subject, shoot up at it and as Dee would tell you "shoot till your finger bleeds". Sea & Sea makes some nice small flashes check out their site.

I have not been on this boat, but I have been to Palau twice. The diving is really nice. This time of year there is a bit more rain than in the winter. Don't worry, you are going to get wet anyway.

We were in Palau last month and admired the Aggressor from the water. They had two dives in before Sam's Tours could get organized and make the 50-60 minute boat ride from Koror. Talked to some folks at the airport coming back that were on the Aggressor, they loved it. That's what we'll do next time. Palau is perfect for live aboard.

We did the Palau Agressor in 2004. It was expensive but worth every penny. The diving is absolutely spectacular. It makes Caribbean diving look pretty ho hum. Since Palau is so far, we went 3 days early and stayed at the Palau Pacific Resort. That way we had a chance to get over the jet lag and were ready to dive our butts off. The Aggressor motto is eat, sleep, dive and they are not kidding.

Is that a Peter Hughes ops? I would reconsider if it was.

RICHinNC:
Is that a Peter Hughes ops? I would reconsider if it was.
Agressor is Wayne Hasson I believe. Peter Hughes is Peter Hughes.
I know what you're saying and where this could head and I really don't believe we need to head in that direction again.

That is why I said it the way I did. And thanks for proving my point.

As to the A620, there are some good general hints around the board for settings/etc. I've got the same set up. I just use the internal flash (scaled back a peg) with the defuser. For simplicity I shoot in TV mode, Portrait or Landscape mode. The one thing I would recommend is manual white balance at depth. I still do ok most of the time with underwater wb setting, though.

Lead_carrier:
Agressor is Wayne Hasson I believe. Peter Hughes is Peter Hughes.
I know what you're saying and where this could head and I really don't believe we need to head in that direction again.

Obviously this is a thread that has already been discussed. Can anyone tell me where the discussion is? I tried searching and couldn't find anything.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom