Palau Agressor II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dennis,

How can I substantiate the safety issues on the Aggressor? Ask anyone who has been aboard if there procedures are what I say. They are. Some on this site feel that is OK and that too is fine. I just want people to have the information before they sign up for an Aggressor trip. What are your motives?

I am not going to start a thread. I see you average 22 posts a day. Congratulations. I will not be following in your footsteps.

settle down folks...

Ilikeair, I just read through that post and Ben's response was not to anything Dennis wrote but to another member.

Ilikeair:
Dennis,

When you gave your critique of Asian divers abilities in the "Death in Palau" forum you made derogatory comments about an entire race's diving abilities. Another reader, Ben, gave the following one line response to your insensitive comment. Are you so self-centered to not realize that talking about an entire race of people in one fell swoop as being incompetent divers is, well, racist?
I don't care how many Asian friends you think you have. Have you told them your thoughts on Asian divers? Have you appologized to Ben?

Here is the copy of Ben's post:

Let's not bash PADI just bash Asians!!!!

How can I substantiate the safety issues on the Aggressor? Ask anyone who has been aboard if there procedures are what I say. They are. Some on this site feel that is OK and that too is fine. I just want people to have the information before they sign up for an Aggressor trip. What are your motives?

I am not going to start a thread. I see you average 22 posts a day. Congratulations. I will not be following in your footsteps.

This is an example of your unfounded assumptions. This is Ben's post, #437 in that thread. As you can see, ben was not talking to me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevink
Who brought this thread back to life, and how the heck did this turn into the bash PADI olympics?

The alternative is to crawl along the bottom in gloves like most Asian divers do,

enough said.

Let's not bash PADI just bash Asians!!!! :

He was talking to kevink. I would like an apology for this please.

In another thread, I offered to follow up your complaint with the Aggressor to help you out. Did you not read that? Frankly, I think that after your rant about me disparaging Asians, which I just showed you was untrue, you are on your own now.

As I said when you posted this in the other thread. No, we just filled up our freezers. It was our first Marlin of the season, and we are normally catch and release. We did release 3 Sailfish that day.

Perhaps you should check out the Hunting forum here on SB since you are so interested in fishing... :wink:

I see you edited your post at the top of the page. I quoted you so everyone would know what you were apologizing for.

I'll probably pass on the hunting forum and stick to being an advocate for saving the reef system in Palau. Thanks for the thought though.

and then there is the one of you touching the manta!

But I know for a fact that you like asians.

Ilikeair, just a question. I agree the reefs are threatened. Is there something you can do to help? because I don't think thinking of things for other people to do differently really works, even if the person is correct. It just isn't time effective. In the time you spend trying to attack or change others you could be doing something about the problem yourself.

Speaking of Palau, I think the run-off from the way they are proceeding with all that new construction is the biggest issue there, right now.

Catherine,
Please realize I was trying to do one small thing. Post on a scuba website to let other potential divers who would support the diving economy in Palau know what I do. Dennis is the one who whipped this into a froth as the self-appointed Scubaboard Guru that he aspires to be with his 22 posts a day.

Even if you do not agree, I believe that a website like this could POTENTIALLY be a great way for divers to share information about environmental concerns etc. which could motivate individual organizations, and depending upon the impact, even governments to take positive action.

I wasn't planning on fixing the problems in Palau with my original post but felt morally obligated to provide the information on what I had personally seen. Only after Dennis' attacks has this turned into an odyssey.

Rest assured there are other components to my life and these posts.

Start a thread to raise awareness. I have heard no solutions from you.

By the way, name calling is not something I do but you go ahead, it really helps your credibility...

Oh, and the Marlin picture? I've posted that here before. You must have had to look for quite a while to find that on the internet. You see? I have nothing to hide. You do apparently, choosing to remain anonymous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom