Palau Agressor II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on the PAII about 18 months ago. I didn't see them feed the sharks turkey carcasses or anything else. They had enough EPIRBs for the full boat. There was no mold in the cabins. I was fine with the safety and environmental conciousness of the operation. They weren't less than any other good dive op or liveaboard I've seen anyplace else and certainly not in last place. You will always be able to find something you think should be done differently or better - but many of those things are true of pretty much every dive op I've ever seen. I rather doubt posting duplicate rants about one op is the way to fix them.

Will someone who is going soon please check for mold - This is crazy but it's there not that it matters as I really care at this point. It was a topic of conversation while on board so not just our stateroom. Also, I can get a photo of the shark feed if you would like to see it. Glad they are not doing it every trip. Were they feeding fish with eggs on dives?

No solutions? You just don't agree with my solutions. For the 100th time:

I believe that if it is impossible for a dive site, such as those in Palau that require hooking in, to be visited by scuba divers without significantly damaging the reef, then scuba divers should not visit them.

I would never have gone to Palau if I knew what I know now before I went.

From this point on I am going to disregard your ridiculous comments like the one above re: name calling. I will try to stick with the real issues like the continual damage to the reefs in Palau.

I have nothing to hide but why would I want to open myself up to further attacks from you? You grab at straw after straw. Attack after attack. Personal messages to me and on this forum. You are relentless. Are you are incapable of stopping yourself? OK, I'll propose it. Let's stick to the issue.

The reefs in Palau are being seriously damaged by divers in Palau. Go be part of the problem or stay away and be part of the solution. End of story!

well, what do you think they should do about the mold? I mean bleach would pollute the water...it's humid there.... I hear what you are saying, I just wonder IF there is a solution to everything. I regard mold as pretty inevidable in certain places.

This is my last post for you. I have all of the PMs we have exchanged including the one you sent me first. They are available to prove there were no attacks, in fact they are quite civil.

Please continue your rant.

Ilikeair:
No solutions? You just don't agree with my solutions. For the 100th time:blah blah blah etc etc etc End of story!

Out of curiosity,

Did you ever contact the Agressor Fleet?

Did you ever PM Dennis your name for him to raise your issues with them?

Do you think it's fair to label someone a racist, on a public site, repeatedly, and get away with
My mistake. Sorry.
?

Do you think it's fair to post links to people's pics to try and change the subject and give others the idea that they are some kind of eco-criminal because they caught a fish?

Do you think that someone's post count is relevant to anything you've been discussing?

Oh and, also out of curiosity, who the hell are you? Check my profile, it's there so others can get idea of who I am (some of it is even true:)). Why can't you use yours?

BTW, Just for the record, I went on the Palau Aggressor some years back and saw absolutely none of the actions you described. Not calling you a liar or anything.

Juat a quick note to everyone. Sorry for the hi-jack and the arguments. My main point about reef hooks is that they are useful in keeping divers off the coral. In my opinion, they are not as damaging to the reef. It would obviously be better to just do a drift dive and not touch the coral or the reef at all but the current at Blue Corner is such that it would be a very short dive. The area where divers hook in at Blue Corner has never had coral according to Palauman's post.

Wherever there are divers there will be some reef damage. Better buoyancy control and experience in currents would certainly help preserve more of the reef but how do you test divers before they fly maybe 2000 miles to get to places like Palau? Do you refuse them access to the reef if they don't pass a check out dive? I do believe that exposing divers to wonderful dives like Blue Corner usually makes them more environmentally aware and more likely to help environmental causes.

I don't have the answer to curbing environmental damage in places like Palau but I think there are far more effective ways than keeping divers off the reefs.

Diver Dennis:
My main point about reef hooks is that they are useful in keeping divers off the coral. In my opinion, they are not as damaging to the reef. It would obviously be better to just do a drift dive and not touch the coral or the reef at all but the current at Blue Corner is such that it would be a very short dive.

I agree Dennis. Opinions will vary but most people i know who have actually dove Blue Corner feel the same way.

Blue corner wouldn't even be a dive site without reef hooks. Blink your eyes a couple times and you miss it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom