Palau liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roncone

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm interested in a week-long liveaboard trip in Palau in March of 1994.

There are a few liveaboards that offer this in Palau and I would love to hear some constructive recommendations as to which outfit I should dive with.

Thanks.

Ron

Oops... 2004.

And here I was, checking my email, thinking that someone finally was going to provide me with some good, intelligent feedback!

Oh well, worth a chuckle anyway... :D

Ron

We're planning a trip to either Pelau or Bali late in '04 and we've done a lot of research. To us, the Big Blue Explorer does what we think we'd like it to do for us.

Let's get wet!!
Eric :tree: :tree: :tree:

Yes.

I was looking at the B.B.E. and the Aggressor boat as well, and trying to decide between the 2 based on ads alone!

It would be nice to chat with someone with first hand experience.

We did the Peter Hughes Star Dancer II for Palau in August a couple of year back and loved it.

It's all very high spec. but at a price. But they often have good deals available.

I dove with the Big Blue Explorer earlier this year. Great service albeit the weather was bad. You can check out the trip report on my web site.

Have fun and let us know what you decide.

Did the Big Blue last winter and had a great time. Some of the rooms are like twice the size of the aggressor boats. Thats really not that big a deal except the rooms on the aggressor are the typical small rooms you find on-board ship.

Food was good, similar to aggressor. The help was good but that can change from year to year, crew to crew. I would do the Blue again, we had a good experience.

Thank you!

I have been hearing favourable things about the BBE, and I am tending towards diving with them.

Glad to hear that your experiences have been positive.

Ron

have a few spots left. All in all, here and on rec.scuba, the reports of the BBE have been favorable. Sorry, I can't give you any first hand experiences, but we believe its a good selection.

Edited for completeness -- fat-fingered the first time :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom