Palau liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm planning a trip to Palau and Yap Nov-Dec 2003. I was researching the different liveaboards when I learned about staying on Peleliu island. It is very close to all the best dive spots (15 minutes, the same for the liveaboard tendor boats). I'm hoping that Peleliu island will allow us to do just as much diving as a liveaboard without the crowds divers and maybe even save a little money. I guess there are also some old WWII relics on the island to explore. I have found two different dive shops on the island - storyboard beach resort and malm divers ...

http://www.palaudivers.net/maml/html/main-e.html

champ once bubbled...
I'm planning a trip to Palau and Yap Nov-Dec 2003. I was researching the different liveaboards when I learned about staying on Peleliu island. It is very close to all the best dive spots (15 minutes, the same for the liveaboard tendor boats). I'm hoping that Peleliu island will allow us to do just as much diving as a liveaboard without the crowds divers and maybe even save a little money. I guess there are also some old WWII relics on the island to explore. I have found two different dive shops on the island - storyboard beach resort and malm divers ...

http://www.palaudivers.net/maml/html/main-e.html

Interesting option. I wonder, however, about 15 minute runs. In anycase, most would be shorter than those of other shore-based operators.

If you choose this option, please report back and fill us in.

Thanks for the link to MAML divers.

Prior to them there was (and still is) Peleliu Divers and Storyboard resort, although I suspect that int the MAML webpage "mayumi hotel" is the same lady Mayumi that owns Storyboard

Peleliu Divers/Storyboard

Where is Zeina when you need her? She has had a very favorable review of BBE, but she requires 5 star maintenance.
I'd rather hang with the locals on a budget, stay longer for cheaper and put the emphasis on diving.

We were on the Big Blue Explorer last March, and LOVED it!!
Check out my trip report (with some kewl video :) ) here

RSdiver once bubbled... Where is Zeina when you need her?

I'm here, I'm here!! :D
Well, I was on vacation, and just saw this...
If I only had one week to spend in Palau, I would go on a live-aboard (the Big Blue Explorer is my choice) in a heartbeat, because you get to dive A LOT more from a live aboard as compared to land-based.
Ideally, I believe a combination of one week on BBE followed with one week on Peleliu would be purrrrrrrfect.
Of course, one is to remember to add one week on Yap (culturally stunning, and the mantas are too GRAND to miss).

I don't always require 5 star maintenance (heck, I spent 10 days sleeping in Yellowstone's "roughrider" cabins) :D but I know 5 star maintenance when I see it... and BBE is just as 5* as the Aggressor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom