Palm Beach area - recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary,
My choice would be Boynton Beach!
Great reefs-wrecks-as said!
1/2 dozen good dive boats- a few I dive with,

UNEXO
http://www.diveboyntonbeach.com/

or
splashdown has good boat,
tanks-lead on site,NITROX fills
have fun I am diving end of March !
Brad

I'm headin' to FL in March/April for some vacation, after Key Largo last time I'll be up a little bit more north for the first week this time. Any recommendations for a good place to dive with in the Palm Beach area? Looking for something like 3-5 day packages, got everything with me except weights & air :wink:

Tnx!

:confused: The "Palm Beach" boats for the most part run from Riviera Beach/Singer Island. Riviera Beach to Jupiter is under 20 minutes driving straight up Dixie Highway (US 1).

The OP said they would be staying in the Palm beach area, which is south of W. Palm, and 22 miles from Jupiter Inlet. Brad is right if you plan on staying in Riviera. I don't live in FL, but last time I dove Jupiter, traffic prevented me from doing a mile a minute, and coming form Boca where we were staying with friends, it was over an hour (approx 50 miles).

Regardless, HERE is the site for Jupiter Dive Charters.

Jupiter, Jupiter, Jupiter! Best chance to see the macro stuff we all crave. I'd recommend JupiterDiveCenter (Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba diving lessons at a PADI 5 Star facility, daily scuba diving trips in Jupiter, Florida.). If you are interested in night diving Pro Dive - Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Scuba Instructor Training runs a weekly night dive on Saturday nights and they are located in Ft Lauderdale Beach. I have also dived w/ Abernathy and they are a great OP but 20 min more of diving and you are in Jupiter! Good diving to you

Hello, I would also highly recommend Ocean Quest Scuba in WPB. Sandy and her crew are great! The atmosphere on this boat is just fantastic, my husband and I only dive with them now after years of diving with the other operators in WPB. Jim Abernethy is still around??? His operation is, but you never actually see him on the day boat, and the friendly nature that was there once seems to have left with Anna and the old crew. Anyway, Van the new owner of Narcosis is nice, and the boat is very nice, but the crowd is just to much for us. There are over 20 divers on that boat at one time. We love the smaller boat and the personalized attention we get from the smaller groups. Sandy's crew are all very friendly, and there is really just a warm friendly atmosphere that makes our day even better. I like diving with people that take the time to learn my name and a little about me. We get to give our imput on the dives we'd like to do...Sandy will go out of her way to make sure everyone is happy. I'd start there...but call soon because they sale out on weekends pretty fast. Sandy's Sunday is the name of the boat. Here is thier website. OceanQuest Scuba

Thanks all for your recommendations ... I'll write a mail to the places and see what I can come up with :wink:

2nd Jupiter Dive Center - you will not regret it; I think the diving in Palm Beach County is the best in FL

Don't let a few miles prevent you from diving Jupiter - I dive w/ Jupiter Dive Center 2 - 6 times per month and drive up from Miami which is +/- 90 miles

You stand the best chance of seeing large animals in Jupiter; plus you may see the large consentration (20 - 50) of lemon sharks - do it!!!!

If you're going to be here for several days, try a few different places for variety; but DEFINITELY get Jupiter Dive Center as one of them! The crew is fantastic, they know the best places to go, they won't make you come up with a half tank full of air, they're RIGHT on the water, so you don't have to walk or lug your gear far, I could go on and on. Every time I go out with them (which is almost every week) I talk to people who come from all over to dive with them. Many times dive clubs from central, northern, and southern Flordia come as a group to dive with them. Enjoy your trip!

I have been on Sandy's Sunday which is the boat for Ocean Quest Scuba. I recommend them. I had a great time with them. They let you dive your dive and don't bother you about time limits. They had a great crew and the boat was comfortable. We were doing some freediving on shallower reefs during our surface sits so you definately get you time in the water. You can tell they really love what they do.

We were doing some freediving on shallower reefs during our surface sits so you definately get you time in the water.

Not to hijack this thread but freediving after scuba is a really bad idea. You are recompressing bubbles in your bloodstream and allowing them to recirculate before getting filtered in the lungs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom