Panasonic Lumix TZ7/ZS3 with u/w case DMW-MCTZ7 HD VIDEO test results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab1412000: Thx. It was my first shark encounter and honestly i was a little scared at that moment :wink: The jaws theme was going through my head during that dive, thats why i thought its appropriate to use it in the video as well :wink:

rab1412000: Thx. It was my first shark encounter and honestly i was a little scared at that moment :wink: The jaws theme was going through my head during that dive, thats why i thought its appropriate to use it in the video as well :wink:

An oceanic white tip is no animal to be triffled with especially at night.
I would have been as anxious as you probably, and that sucker did come realy close

An oceanic white tip is no animal to be triffled with especially at night.
I would have been as anxious as you probably, and that sucker did come realy close

I have the utmost respect for sharks. Anyway now i feel happy that i had this encounter and i probably will never forget it :)

Also a new video from my latest trip to Malapascua, Philippines. Its a cut of scenes from my first dive there. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Bantigue, Malapascua Philippines, Oct 16 2010

Btw. if anybody has some tips how to do color corrections for underwater videos, i'd be happy for any suggestions and help. Links to guides are highly appriciated :)

mkzwo

I have the utmost respect for sharks. Anyway now i feel happy that i had this encounter and i probably will never forget it :)

Also a new video from my latest trip to Malapascua, Philippines. Its a cut of scenes from my first dive there. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Bantigue, Malapascua Philippines, Oct 16 2010

Btw. if anybody has some tips how to do color corrections for underwater videos, i'd be happy for any suggestions and help. Links to guides are highly appriciated :)

mkzwo

Nothing beats doing a white balance underwater, but if you don't, you can still make some correction (just not a lot) via editing software... I use Movavi because it works reasonably well and is low cost, but there are lots of others.

Just keep in mind, that like adjusting a Jpg after the fact, there is only a limited amount you can do.

mkzwo,

Wow, scary Oceanic White Tip footage. It didn't look that big for an Oceanic White tip, but it looked kinda interested in diver snacks! First ever shark encounter was with a Oceanic White Tip, Wow! When I first started diving, my encounter in Palau with harmless black tips took some faith. Great stuff! How big was the shark?

How do you do an underwater white balance adjustement?

Like shooting jpeg's... white balance is really important for video.

Typically, you go to the white balance....go by all the preset ones (auto, flash, etc, etc)... and get to the very end of the list. Then just follow the directions.

The trick is to be pointing at something white when you do it. Where I dive most of the time, that would be the sand, but one can use cards, white fins.... anything that is reasonably white.

It is adjusting the Red/Green/blue channels to make the white object look white.

I'll post a video I did last month to show the effect tonight.

It does not have to be perfect, just close enough so you can adjust it later...

If you use lights... then the object needs to be under the lights... but most of the time I just shoot with natural lighting...it is amazing just how big of a correction you can make.

..I did not answer ur question on 'underwater' wb adjustment but sharing how you can manage to edit using i-movie topside

anyway, just sharing a quick vid tutorial how to correct white balance of a greenish underwater clip under low light conditions (before and after clips) using imovie to bring out the colors and lessen the greens

YouTube - How to Edit 'White Balance' of your underwater video using Imovie

I find this the quickest solution when video lights unavailable

the green clip shot from a canon g9 (clear enough but just shoots green vids all the time w/o lights)

Happy editing :D

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I changed my username to ScubaMoMo and will be posting under this account from now on. I made a Facebook page and will post all my videos and pictures there from now on. So if you like to follow my adventures feel free to like my page on Facebook Everybody is welcome! I'm currently reediting all my videos with an intro i edited. Hope you like it. Also i switched editing software to Sony Vegas Movie Maker Platinum 10. It seems much easier to handle and encoding time is way better then in Premiere. Only downside yet is that it doesn't support 60fps, but that is a minor problem. I still have lots of footage from Hawaii & Malapascua to edit and will additionally post it here when i get it done. Also trips to Sipadan, Malapascua and Tulamben are coming up soon :) Btw. i'm adding my videos now to Vimeo Plus, Youtube and Facebook. Lets see which works out to be the best quality.

I'll definatelly start doing white balancing and using color filterson the lights on my next diving trip. Also i got two more Inon LE550W lights (total 4) and one more Inon S2000 strobe (total 2). Lets see how that affects the videos and pictures :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom