Panglao Island Alona Beach July 27-Aug 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is obvious that you don't know there are other places to stay other than on Panagsama Beach!!!
What you don't know you don't know!!!
We have a different perception of what is OBVIOUS.
For example after staying twice at Chris & Fea White's resort (I'll let you find out which one it is) I can say I haven't stayed ONLY at Panagsama : what is OBVIOUS is that you don't know what I know... because you're not me. Simple as that.

So stop getting personal and trying to get into my mind: you do not know me, I don't want to know you, Pls mind your own.

For your honeymoon, I would recommend Malapasqua. Stay at Tapanee resort, they have beautiful seaview cabins with private beach. Also 2 best restaurants next door. I use Thresher Shark Divers, just a short walk from there.

Thank you for this! We had actually seen Tepanee resort on some other sites and now after contacting Thresher Shark Divers I think we are going to go with them for sure (what we are looking for in a resort). We still want to try for Balicasag/Alona beach so I think we will split our time between the two. TSD also can coordinate the transport from Cebu so that is a huge relief as it sounds like a lot of work from what I have been reading. My last question- should we end or begin our trip at Malapascua? It sounds like its the hardest/furthest to reach from Cebu so want to make sure we make the logical decision. Also would you do if we have 9 days total there would you do 5 days at Malapascua and 4 days in Alona?

Thanks!

I dived Malapascua 15 years ago, seen the threshers, seen the mantas and that's about it.
I ddin't go back to Malapascua because I was not impressed with the rest and thought it didn' have the array of diving some other places have.
I didn't dive with Sea Explorers but with Exotic island, both have been there for a while..
In the meantime I came back 5 or 6 times to Alona with Sea Explorers or PFD, so yes it has been going downhill (I don't know of any dive destination that has been improving for the last 20 years...) but not to the point I won't be coming back. There's still a lot to see underwater (I have photos to prove what I'm saying, you can browse my flickr galeries :D ).

I understand your point on a honeymoon that said there are two different options in this case, either go out to restaurants or stay comfy in a very quiet place.
I am traveling with my non diving wife and she appriciates much more somewhere with places to go out than staying on a small island and nothing to around (Ajthough she loves Raja Ampat mind you, but because nature is beautiful there, unlike on a flat island). You will certainly find more comfort and activities on Alona than iin Malapascua, If you want spacious willas at affirvdable price try Kasadya I mentioned above, if you want to indulge yourself in Luxury there's Amorita resort.
Now if you are looking for more quietness in a comfortable place with a very flexible dive centre taht will taylor your dives to your needs, I can also recommend Cabilao Sanctuary Beach Resort near to Panglao and VERY easy access from Cebu city.

I wrote up a report about those destinations, browse this board and you will find it. :)

Luko- Your pictures are amazing. I actually read your trip report there which is where all my different options came from. Your pictures are why I still want to do Alona even if it is "touristy". I agree that we are tourists no matter where we are going so it doesnt really matter. I just want to be a little bit more secluded and want the option of other things if we dont dive the entire time. I think doing a combo of Malapascua since we havent been and Alona will be a great compromise. With Alona we can still do Balicasag and Cabilao if we choose which is what I want too. I dont have an issue finding a place- its trying to arrange the transportation and the lack of knowledge of the area which is a little daunting.

I dont have an issue finding a place- its trying to arrange the transportation and the lack of knowledge of the area which is a little daunting.
It's a non issue really !
Just ask your destination resort and they will arange it for you : they'll pick you up at the airport with a drver, buy the ferry tickets or give you all the information needed etc.
Rest assured it's easy as cake, the most difficult part is to choose your destination and put on that god*mn damp wetsuit....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom