Panglao notes ... GREAT trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@currier Palau is by far my #1 dive destination after dive guiding there for several months. Bay Islands,Belize,Yucatan Mexico,Corn Islands,YAP,and rest of Mexico would be my last. I really enjoy the Cebu area because you can be in another great dive location in a matter of hours. I have only been disappointed on a few dives;not the dive site but insta-buddies for hell and deco plus five dive plans.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

currier
I plan to dive this same area this December between Christmas and New Years. I look forward to our diving as I enjoyed my recent experience diving Malapascua and the Philippines in general. While in Malapascua, my friend and I met a group that just transfered from Panglao and highly recommended this location. This particular group of divers mentioned that some of the dive locations near Panglao offered a wide variety of soft corals that were greater than what we observed in Malapascua. What is your take on the types of soft corals and muck diving in Panglao?

During my time in Panglao, I was considering taking a short trip over to Dumaguete. While you were on did you ever hear of any speed ferries traveling to Dumaguete? Any suggestions regarding this commute?

passionatediver

After my trip to Bohol, I will return to Manilla for a few days prior to my return home. During this time I would like to make a short trip to Anilao to exeperience this location as well. Do you have any recommended dive locations, dive companies, and resorts within this area?

What is your take on the types of soft corals and muck diving in Panglao?

I favored the walls, Mike, only because dives without a bottom were a new experience for me! I was satisfied with the amount of soft coral I saw there, but not incredibly impressed - the hard coral along the great drops was fine, and there always seemed to be soft garden-like patches wherever one finds a plateau of sorts ...

Mucking? Can't comment ... maybe more right offshore, but I spent most of my time out at Balicasag. If you're trigger happy, lots of macro - but again, little comment since I'm not a photographer myself.

During my time in Panglao, I was considering taking a short trip over to Dumaguete. While you were on did you ever hear of any speed ferries traveling to Dumaguete? Any suggestions regarding this commute?

I sure hope someone else jumps in on this, 'cause I'll prove to be of little assistance regarding my personal experience ... however, I found some quick info with a search ...

Ocean Jet 650PHP
1DailyDumaguete07:30Tagbilaran09:10
2DailyDumaguete14:20Tagbilaran16:00

Weesam Express
1DailyDumaguete14:00Tagbilaran16:20

Best of luck, Mike! I hope you enjoy yourself as much as I did ...

to avoid stings next time instead of shorties or full wetsuits, use long sleeves rash guards (two to three layers of rash guards) and some long pants (ORCA pants is what i use) and a thin material hood and gloves

the only exposed skin would be the skin around the lips :baby:

the only exposed skin would be the skin around the lips :baby:
lol. maybe i should take your word for it. i wear a shortie too. haven't been stinged by anything yet though so maybe i'll learn my lesson when that time comes. hehe.

currier - glad to hear you had a great time in bohol. i'm planning on going there this december with my friend. i went to moalboal last october and i recommend you go there too. saw 51 turtles, a gazillion sardines and a whole lot of things i don't even know what to call! lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom