Papa Hog's SCUBA Emporium...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Token

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A pal of mine suggested I check out Papa Hog's establishment while on Cozumel. Anybody have experience with them? I'm fairly sure I've never heard the place mentioned on SB...
Thanks
!

Oh sure, they've been mentioned many times. Searching this forum for papa hog shows numerous hit. They're right next door to Villablanca, with their doc across the street.

Have dived with them several times. Margaret and Mike run a great op. Have been there many years. If you stay near downtown, taxi service gets a little expensive running back and forth.

They are a long-established Cozumel dive op with loyal customers. Several boats, mostly six packs. No frills and relatively low-cost. Just because they don't get a lot of mentions on this board doesn't mean they shouldn't be considered. Just not many cheerleaders for them here, I guess. I had lunch with a bunch of local business ladies last year and Margaret, half of the ownership, was one. She seemed very nice.

I dived with them once because dive op I was booked with only had one diver (me) so put me on one of their boats (a larger one). I didn't care for the smell of the fumes from the engine that I was seated next to and the chaos of getting in and out of the water (sort of a free-for-all) so sat out the second dive. I doubt that is normal practice but it was my one, single experience with them. For all I know, they filled a boat with other op's extra divers and hired a free-lancer to take it out. There has never been a need for me to go back and find out.

Good op - dove with them numerous times from 96-2006. Margarett is a gem, Mike...not so much. Hes ok as long as he doesn't go postal lol.......nice shore dives from there. Hogtown cafe used to have great food as well. Not sure as I havent eaten there in years.

I have used them on my last three trips to Cozumel and have been very happy. Fast six pack boats and they try to match divers skills where possible. Both Mike and Magaret are originally from Ontario Canada and a lot of my dive buddies also use them. I believe they will pick up from any resorts south of Town. Last time I stayed at Hotel Cozumel and they picked me up from there. The food at Hogtown Cafe is still good.

Back
Top Bottom