Papua New Guinea vs Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raja Ampat may have Arborek as a iconic Jetty - the Welcome Jetty at Uepi is something else

amyzing video u sent on solomon, so when u wrote
PNG Overall although:" did u mean this marin life can be seen in ming bay as well?

Yes if your lucky, if the animal you are looking for turns up in the area that day - there are no guarantees obviously but there have been orca pods spotted, whale sharks right up against the drop off, dolphins - the sharks at Uepi jetty "The Welcoming Crew" are there all the time though, that is very special - in Milne Bay the aggregations you see are random whereas at the jetty they are pretty much there all the time...or I did not see them not there in 6 days....maybe they go away sometimes Im not sure but they are regarded as locals.

"Milne Bay the aggregations you see are random whereas at the jetty"
what is "jetty"
i thought mine bay is more muck or?

The Jetty I'm referring to is the Jetty in the second video I posted known as the welcome Jetty which is in uepi in Solomon Islands.

Yes inner Milne bay is muckcentric diving but there is a lot more to Alotoa than just the muck dive sites.

thanks, have u dived in tufi (PNG)? if yes what is the different?

I hate this thread...it stirs in me a facination, a long lingering interest, and a deep craving to be somewhere underwater seeing new creatures or favorite old ones.

Milne Bay has been on my radar for a few years after a well traveled diver brought it to my attention. It calls me like a siren, beconing me to come play in her delights.
I fantasize about back to back LOBs, one doing the reef action the other the muck.
I have heard of a macro critter rarities in Milne Bay, and seen wide angle photos packed with color and fish life on the wide angle sites.

For now I must dream and hope that one day the stars will bless me with the right farm crew to operate without me being able to solve problems half a world away, (my loving wife would be good as she loves me, and though with trepidation can accept me being gone and off the radar)

Until then I will read (with some jealousy), study and dream.

Keep it up with the posts I will learn from them and work with my own resistance to making my trip happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom