Passenger Bill of Rights for air travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And who is going to tell the FAA to pass policy and rules to fix this? Maybe Congress.....

I don't like rules for every aspect of life. But when airlines treat people so badly without any regard to simple human dignity, it seems that the appropriate and legal way to correct it is to get legislature involved. And I didn't hear any news stories about how American had empty planes the day after they held 130 passengers for 9 hours in Dec.

I don't think any airline intentionally makes people wait more than 3 hours on a plane (I truly hope that is not the case). I know they intentionally make people wait 1-2 hours parked on the ground and blame ATC (not sure how ATC is responsible for me sitting in a seat on a plane versus a chair in the terminal but whatever). But without penalty or punishment, this sort of thing has happened, does happen and will happen again.

how about we the people

Yes, we the people - we tell Congress to tell FAA.

dlndavid:
how about we the people

You are being silly. Web answered you already, if I don't like the service I would like the option of getting off and going on another carrier. I can't do that if they confine me on this meatal tube on the damn runway.

What was the reason they had to wait? I mean who can give them authorization to go back to the gate? I would imagine the tower which is run by the FAA?

In short, after 3 hours give people the option to deplane. How many passengers do you think would stay on teh plane for 11 hours, given a chance to get off? Not given a choice to deplane constitues unlawful confinement!

Diver Dennis:
What was the reason they had to wait? I mean who can give them authorization to go back to the gate? I would imagine the tower which is run by the FAA?
The Tower tells them how to get to the gate. The airline tells them which gate and when.

This Airline didn't want the passengers back in the terminal where they'd have to deal with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom