Patch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about on a ball cap? I also put them on a shirt/jacket. Wouldn't put them on a wetsuit, especially if diving salt water.

Just curious as to why anyone would want to put a Rescue patch anywhere?

What’s the problem with Rescue?
A lot of people on this board perceive any training below tech level to be somewhere between unreliable and a waste of time. Many will tell you that a rescue certification doesn't actually mean anything because no one knows what the quality of the training that went into the class was. There is also some concern that if you let people know that you are a rescue diver then you will either be paired up with inexperienced divers or incur some sort of duty to try and rescue another diver and with that accept additional liability.

A lot of people on this board perceive any training below tech level to be somewhere between unreliable and a waste of time. Many will tell you that a rescue certification doesn't actually mean anything because no one knows what the quality of the training that went into the class was. There is also some concern that if you let people know that you are a rescue diver then you will either be paired up with inexperienced divers or incur some sort of duty to try and rescue another diver and with that accept additional liability.
I’m a Marine Corps veteran and I take pride in anything I do. And I know exactly what you are saying trust me I have done a lot of research. I do appreciate your reply. I have been in training with an expert from Fort Bragg, and I trust him with all aspects of the training.

First and foremost, do what you want with your gear, it's yours after all. I personally don't do patches on stuff but hey whatever. I would perhaps recommend instead of a wetsuit, that a boat coat (Waterproof Parka | Dive Parka | Boat Coat | Swim Parka | Surf-fur.com or something similar) might be a more long lasting location. Dive jackets used to be at thing, so similar vein and won't get quite as destroyed by the water.

I took the PADI rescue class. Great class, I'd recommend it. Wouldn't personally want to wear a patch from it, but if you do, more power to ya. My drysuit has a patch on the shoulder, with my name and the California flag on it. That puts it out of the way but still pretty visible.

Cheers, and welcome to ScubaBoard.

Back
Top Bottom