PDIC Instructor crossover to TDI instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dieseltrkin

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is involved with this crossover. Can this even be done? Anybody know the cost involved with doing this? Thank you for any and all help.

Evan

What is involved with this crossover. Can this even be done? Anybody know the cost involved with doing this? Thank you for any and all help.

Evan

I am a PDIC instructor who is also a TDI instructor but this is no way an official answer. Our official answer man (Steve Lewis) seems to be away from his computer right now but I will bring this thread to his attention.

What TDI courses are you crossing over? TDI is a technical agency specializing in dive levels beyond what the recreational agencies such as PDIC provide. The only course I think that will cross over is the nitrox course, which personally I think PDIC has a very good one.
If you are looking to cross over to SDI (TDIs recreational branch) I suggest you contact a SDI shop. SDI does not allow for independent instructors like PDIC does so you will have to have a shop affiliation.
Send me a PM and I will put you in contact with a shop that crossed over from PDIC to SDI/TDI
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Been on vacation in Truk... and am flying back through monday. In the meanwhile, please contact Cris Merz (cris.merz@tdisdi.com) directly and he will send you complete information and a code to begin your orientation online through our blended learning program

I crossed over from PDIC to SDI.
The difference there is that with PDIC you can be a freelance instructor, with SDI you have to be affiliated with a SDI dive shop.The dive shop im with paid for three instructors to cross over, the whole package came with instructor manuals,kits and banners, diplomas and so on for the dive shop.Teaching out of a shop does keep you more updated with the latest teaching techniques and more familiar with dive equipment.
I am still active with PDIC i have been with them for a long time however with the few students i have taught through SDI i did enjoy and felt very comfortable with SDI's outlines.

with SDI you have to be affiliated with a SDI dive shop.

It's probably a "facility" rather than a shop. I am asusming that SDI and TDI 'rules' are much the same - so we are a TDI facility, but have no physical premises and don't sell dive gear..... it was very easy to set up a facility.

It's probably a "facility" rather than a shop. I am asusming that SDI and TDI 'rules' are much the same - so we are a TDI facility, but have no physical premises and don't sell dive gear..... it was very easy to set up a facility.
Correct. However, for TDI only, you don't have to set up anything. You can be a freelance TDI instructor.

SDI will not allow you to set up a training facility without having an actual dive facility that has training, retail, air fills etc. At least in Canada that is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom