Peace be with you Wes Skiles (21 July 2010)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I can say is wow. Very sad, he was a true inspiration to many of us.

Wes, I am very sorry that you are gone. Very happy that I had an opportunity to know you. Your Video course that I took at Gilboa so many years ago inspired me to look at all the possibilities that image making underwater had and I looked forward to diving with you again someday soon. It will have to wait a while now. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Terri, Nathan and Tessa, I am so sorry for your loss that the dive community shares. Godspeed, my friend, you will be missed.

Rich

I am shocked and shaken. We will all miss you Wes.

While I did not know him on a personal level, I have seen many of his photos, especially the shots taken while cave diving. They are amazing! Thanks for all you shared with the rest of us.

No doubt he will be missed by many many people.

He was a terrific explorer, heck of a nice guy and loved what he was doing. His contribution to the underwater world was priceless. Rest in peace Wes. My condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad.

X

I just read the National Geographic article last night. His photography was stunning and captured my interest right from the cover shot. His videography and photography were inspiring.

I just heard the news. A VERY SAD DAY IN CAVE COUNTRY !!!!! :depressed:
I met him a few times when he stopped over to the house.

My prayers to his family and also to the Cave Diving community.

(CRY)

Jean

Wes Skiles will live forever.... at least on the fantastic pictures from him I use for my screen savers. His pictures are stunning, innovative and timeless.

Rest in peace Wes, I love your work. It will be missed.

Wes remains alive in the hearts of many and the stunning photography that he shared with the world. God speed.

Back
Top Bottom