• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Pee Tube Routing for Wetsuit

Discussion in 'Exposure Suits' started by Melvin Moi Kai Sen, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Aqua-Andy

Aqua-Andy Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    :rofl3: I love it!

2. divad

divad Solo Diver

How do you get it open? Is there a zipper?

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Barracuda

He just unsnaps his beaver tail on his top, which is covering it.

I personally like that surge of warm. I just take a quick dip after I finish for the day and rinse out my farmer john too. Eazy-peezy. Never any rash.

4. Altamira

Altamira ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Man, if your urine is so toxic or smelly that you have to revert to installing a pee valves on a wetsuit, you might want to re-think your diet, water intake, or get a medical checkup.

5. WillHartNZ

WillHartNZ Instructor, Scuba

It may not be toxic or smelly but for some of us the thought of soaking in our own urine for hours just isn’t something we want to deal with.

6. Altamira

Altamira ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Aside from that sounding a bit prissy, a little pull on the neck seal should dilute the offending body fluid sufficiently so as not to bother a hearty and tough New Zealander. On second thought, the influx of cold water might make you want to pee again. Such a dilemma!

7. spectrum

spectrum Dive Bum Wannabe ScubaBoard Supporter

I brought this up years ago and I see a break through hasn't happened yet.

Let's not call it a P-valve, a valve is not needed. When you Pee in your suit or trunks no valve is needed, we're talking about an escape path here.

Why??? Well, when I drive dry it's a big advantage (health, safety and comfort) to be able to hydrate liberally and relieve at will. The is especially true on 2 cylinder outings. I'm no stranger to peeing in my wetsuit but having my person and gear not smell like a urinal apres dive is a plus.

I make some long summertime freshwater dives in a 5mm full suit where I use a catheter, barb and a tube long enough to exit the leg cuff at the boot.It works great but even in mild water the ingress of water along the outside of the tube is noticeable. I've tried this in the ocean and the cold water intrusion was more than trivial.

Cost and use of the catheter is not an issue.

I think I am at the point where I'm looking for something that can be added to the suit above the knee and below the step-in hooded vest. It could be a grommet (like a tiny drysuit wrist seal) that the tube could exit though. Some sort of plug could close the opening when not used.

I have also toyed with a more solid body that could be mounted somewhat flush on the inside that would either have a tube barb or be a direct passage for the tube.

I have an extra DiveRite Pee valve but I think that body would be uncomfortable with the suit compression.

If you haven't had the pleasure of a drysuit pee valve this probably sounds bonkers but but for those who have this is too simple not to solve!

Melvin Moi Kai Sen likes this.
  8. Stoo

Stoo NAUI Instructor

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Two piece wetsuit. Cut a hole underneath the beaver tail. When the urge hits, open the beaver tail, wipe 'er out, do your thing (or ask your buddy if you prefer), re-pack, do up beaver tail.

Although I find a pee and a neck-flushing does the job. Seems like a complex solution for a minor problem. And as someone pointed out, if your wee-wee is that stanky, you likely need to hydrate better. (Makes me wonder if the OP's aversion to peeing is causing him to reduce important fluid intake!)

9. carobinsoniv

carobinsoniv Manta Ray

With the unbalanced pee valve in a wetsuit, do you need to prime it like in a drysuit? Thanks.

10. Barnaby'sDad

Barnaby'sDad ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Bear Grylls does not approve of that message.

2A34F654-398B-4E5A-8E35-E9DF8CB96149.jpeg